Calibration and Disconnects

Reaction score
So I got the P3A today, but I am having a hard time getting the app to work on my Samsung Galaxy S6. I checked around the threads and see all kinds of issues and fixes in regards to Android, but I can't seem to get my problem fixed.

The phone is running 5.1.1 (lollipop) and the developer options is enabled along with the USB debugging. I installed the DJI Go App installed without issues. I loaded the latest firmware on the bird and was even able to load the latest RC firmware via the Go app.

So far so good.

Going through the app, everything is good... then it happens

I start the calibration procedure and the app goes DISCONNECTED. Ugh!

It acts as though my phone isn't recognized. I unplug the phone, I force stop the application, clear the cache and data, but it still isn't recognized. The phone beeps when I plug and replug (the charging indicator comes up), but the app doesn't come up automatically and when I go into the app, it tells me that I need to connect to the bird.

At one point I was able to finally get the app to recognize, but once again it goes dead when I try to calibrate.

Any ideas? Appreciate any help.

By the way, I also downloaded the older application (DJI Pilot) APK as was recommended in one thread, but was getting the same issue. So I went ahead and reloaded the Go App.

So I got the P3A today, but I am having a hard time getting the app to work on my Samsung Galaxy S6. I checked around the threads and see all kinds of issues and fixes in regards to Android, but I can't seem to get my problem fixed.

The phone is running 5.1.1 (lollipop) and the developer options is enabled along with the USB debugging. I installed the DJI Go App installed without issues. I loaded the latest firmware on the bird and was even able to load the latest RC firmware via the Go app.

So far so good.

Going through the app, everything is good... then it happens

I start the calibration procedure and the app goes DISCONNECTED. Ugh!

It acts as though my phone isn't recognized. I unplug the phone, I force stop the application, clear the cache and data, but it still isn't recognized. The phone beeps when I plug and replug (the charging indicator comes up), but the app doesn't come up automatically and when I go into the app, it tells me that I need to connect to the bird.

At one point I was able to finally get the app to recognize, but once again it goes dead when I try to calibrate.

Any ideas? Appreciate any help.
I had the same problem with my lg g4 phone but now it works. The only thing i did was reload the app from dji website not google play. Everything is fine

Well the Samsung Galaxy S6 (Verizon) still gives the "disconnected" message and acts the same as it did before.

Luckily my Nexus 10 is working (so far) but it gives the warning that the P3A needs updated (which I know is up to date to the latest)

Frustrating :(

Just double checking I'm sure you have but have you downloaded firmware to remote also?

Yes, one of the times I actually had connection (before attempting a calibration), the rc updated the firmware. So, bird and rc are both latest

Yes, one of the times I actually had connection (before attempting a calibration), the rc updated the firmware. So, bird and rc are both latest
Do you have any other Android device available-- different brand-- that you could test with the Controller and Phantom?

I'm able to stay connected with my Nexus 10. It's a couple years older than my Samsung S6 but at least its staying connected so far.

Both Android devices just updated too.

Funny thing is the nexus says the bird firmware needs updating, so it makes me nervous to use it

I'm able to stay connected with my Nexus 10. It's a couple years older than my Samsung S6 but at least its staying connected so far.

Both Android devices just updated too.

Funny thing is the nexus says the bird firmware needs updating, so it makes me nervous to use it
Are you sure that the P3 firmware was updated? Did it show a successful installation in the text file on the SD card? That is the only way you can confirm a successful upgrade on the Phantom.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31