calibrate map coordinates (for china mainland)

Reaction score
should I have this (calibrate map coordinates (for china mainland) disengaged in the settings for being in USA?

Reactions: trigger2010
Came here looking for an explanation of what that's about. Does no one really know?

Yes, but when you turn off RTC (Return to China), it just turns it back on again, like this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

:D

In all seriousness, I have no idea what that setting does. It would be good if DJI could document the app a little better.

That may be true about Google maps but why make it a special menu item for units sold to the European and North American markets?
Perhaps it's there in case you decide to travel to China for vacation and intend on using your Phantom. Just s guess.

And why this option turns on after uninstall -> install new version?

I'm a geocacher and my friend goes to China mainland then he said the maps is shifted from satellite (aerial) photos. I don't know why this occurs - if Chinese government intentionally provides shifted data for security, google don't use that provided data ("(c) google" can be seen in Chinese maps). Anyway maps and satellite offsets like;
https://www.google.co.jp/maps/@39.9181434,116.3959881,15.91z?hl=ja
https://www.google.co.jp/maps/@39.9181434,116.3959881,1441m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=ja
Also I don't know how DJI knows the offset data.

This won't work out of China mainland, so both on/off OK... Me? I turn it off, of course. :)

91e16ec2d9639e661be6ddd2f2956183.jpg
maps and satellite photos not same..

View attachment 28471 maps and satellite photos not same..
Hi Flash;

I'm living in China and fly a P3. I have yet to figure out how to upload satellite maps. Where did you get the one you posted here? I am desperate to start flying via a way point but as you all said, the google maps are not available here. What to do? Thx.

Google maps is available in China,
but using coordinate sistem GCJ-02,
all other country using WGS-84 coordinate sistem...
that is diferent...
that is reason why DJI have China calibrate coordinates...

Reactions: taroh
sorry ...and..
In addition to Google, and Bing Maps and Apple Maps respect Chinese laws and use GCJ-02, but not the Open Street Map, which is therefore illegal in China, according to the Google Earth Blog.

Thx for the quick reply. I've read your information and still ask the same question. How do I fly P3 in China via the map on the controller?

no expirionce for China, but, using China map calibrate and posibile no problems...??

Oh I can get a satellite and road map view on the tablet.....however I can only get it to a size that is perhaps taken at 35,000 ft which is impossible to use as a navigating tool. Don't know what to try next......

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31