Cache Maps on Pilot App for iOS

Reaction score
Could someone explain how to cache maps for offline use in the DJI Pilot app for iOS? I found in threads on here that you just need to zoom in around areas you plan to fly in with WIFI on. I did that, completely closed the app, then turned WIFI off on my iPad and went back into the app while having no Internet. I checked the areas that I had cached, and I could see them! The problem is that when I tried to check out those same areas a day later with no WIFI, I could not see them. Any ideas?

Try enabling the "Cache Map in Background" setting in the General Settings section of the DJI Pilot app.

If you have map caching enabled bring up the map and pinch out to expand the view to cover the entire area you wish to fly in. Make sure all the sections fill in. Give it a few seconds to save the maps and you should be good. This is what I did on my iPad and the maps are persistent, in that they remain available. When I power up the p3 I have to wait for the map to load or I get the 'Map Loading' entry on the flight record.

Reactions: jlo
If you have map caching enabled bring up the map and pinch out to expand the view to cover the entire area you wish to fly in. Make sure all the sections fill in. Give it a few seconds to save the maps and you should be good. This is what I did on my iPad and the maps are persistent, in that they remain available. When I power up the p3 I have to wait for the map to load or I get the 'Map Loading' entry on the flight record.
Thanks for the tips, I thought I had done that the first time and it seemed to work, but only temporarily.

do you leave the go app running on your ipad while you drive to the fly location ?. whats your procedure from starting at home.

do you leave the go app running on your ipad while you drive to the fly location ?. whats your procedure from starting at home.

Wow! Your resurrecting an old thread here Steve.

If you open the GoApp at home, or any WiFi area, load the map area you want in the app and then exit the app. The next time you open the app the map should be available. Obviously you need to enable map caching in the app.

BTW, my son used to have a Lotus Elise. If I remember correctly it was a joint venture design with Vauxhall. Although I could be wrong.

Wow! Your resurrecting an old thread here Steve.

If you open the GoApp at home, or any WiFi area, load the map area you want in the app and then exit the app. The next time you open the app the map should be available. Obviously you need to enable map caching in the app.

BTW, my son used to have a Lotus Elise. If I remember correctly it was a joint venture design with Vauxhall. Although I could be wrong.
cheers, i have done all of the above and still get a black screen when i get to the fly area..
the car you son had was called a VX220. made for Vauxhall by lotus.. it has the same chassis
as the Elise.

I load the maps for the area I am going to be flying in prior to leaving wifi coverage, or you could find a hot spot if you are somewhere you don't have a pre-loaded map for. As a last resort I load via 4G from my tablet.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31