Cabled weather stations (buying tips)

Reaction score
I want to buy a cabled weather station but i have no idea about this. My budget is 500-600$. Can anybody suggest my which station will be best on this budget and i need some buying tips.
Thanks

Reactions: Aryan Hasan
Singer is right about the Davis and if you get bored and want to read more on weather stations and want
a laugh read in this . Is old but is funny and does have some good info in it .I want a weather station setup

Don't own one personally but have installed many Davis systems (wired and wireless).
Great stuff they are!

I have had a Davis Vantage Pro 2 hard-wired version in operation for more than 10 years and it is flawless. It did get blown up once when lightning hit the power pole in the yard but replacing the display brought it back to life.

(I also have the data link and Weather Display software running on an old computer and absolutely LOVE the whole setup - it is better than having a government weather station in my yard.

Wireless weather station is good and it's use latest technology. But i think Cabled weather stations is better than wireless weather station. Storm can't break a Cabled weather stations anemometer. It always give you the correct result and correct direction. You can avoid battery changing pain by using this weather station. Please don't take it negatively.
Thanks.

I have been running Davis Weather stations for about 15 years now. I currently run the Davis 6152C Wired Station. Ambient Weather seems to have the most competitive pricing for them. Link is below.

Davis Instruments 6152C Cabled Vantage Pro2 Weather Station with Standard Radiation Shield

One caveat is that to connect it to a computer you need to buy an interface adapter. The one below is USB, though they have a serial version if preferred...

Davis Instruments 6510USB USB WeatherLink For Vantage Pro, VantagePro2 and Vantage Vue (low price quote)

With the right software, you can feed Weather Underground, Citizens Weather Observer Program, your own website, or a host of other options. The advantage to feeding Weather Underground is some of the UAV Weather Applications will use them as source data.

Bremen, IN Weather | Personal Weather Station: KINBREME1 by Wunderground.com | Weather Underground
CWOP Weather Station CW8779 in Bremen, IN, US
W9LRT - Current Conditions

WeatherStation.JPG

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan