Bypass P2 Battery Can be done…

Reaction score
I had been posting to get help and info on how to bypass the Phantom 2 battery. It is almost impossible with out using the board inside the battery but if you are willing to sacrifice a battery you can use the board once rewired to generate the pulses needed to fire up the motors on the Phantom 2 and use any 3 cell you choose for the raw power.

The board when activated also can be used as switch to control the negative leg of up to 5200 mAh battery (that is what the stock one caries)

Once it is wired you just plug the pigtail into the balance lead of the battery you are using and it will come to life, if you give it the two sequence hit in the momentary switch. It seems once you power it up, if you just remove power without hitting the switch it stays in that mode and will light up once it sees power again. I have the signal needed wired to a JST connector for easy disconnect.

I tested it, it works and now I can get back to finishing my Hexo-Phantom. It will carry 2 5200 batteries.

PS. The picture shows heavy black wires, that is the switch leads. I am going to use this board to charge the batteries as well. You need this switch in circuit to shut off the charging process once complete.

Fly safe…

Attachments

• IMG_0057.JPG
    IMG_0057.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,250
  • IMG_0059.JPG
    IMG_0059.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,392
Reactions: Mickey-G
I'm curious to see if there is a better battery out there than stock, with the goal being more air time.

IIRC the last time someone did this mod, the smart board retained the total current recorded from the last charge, which is used to trigger the low battery alarm (and autoland). Have you tested to ensure that the new 3S battery you hook up to it doesn't need to be cycled and charged to reset the current counter?

I have been wanted to convert P2 smart battery cap to plug in cheaper external batteries when not making video. Can you provide a more detailed drawing or ie so I can try this? I can't figure it out with just supplied pics, like why are the six orig cells still attached to the lower circuit board, shouldn't they be removed? thanks cap

I know this thread is old, but I am hoping to get some advice. I am trying to power a P2V with a power supply and not use the battery. I could use the battery board, or bypass. I am open to ANY option

Reactions: Mickey-G
I know this thread is old, but I am hoping to get some advice. I am trying to power a P2V with a power supply and not use the battery. I could use the battery board, or bypass. I am open to ANY option

There are a couple of ways to convert a P2 over to using standard lipo batteries but the OP's will work on a stripped down unit but not a fully load P2. I have a P2 non-vision fully loaded 1358 g which is slightly over the DJI recommend takeoff weight. With the added weight of an extra battery plus the gear for two batteries, the takeoff would be well over 1400 grams plus you wouldn't gain flight time with that extra weight.

Here are two solutions and I would prefer the second solution but with a 5200 mAh battery instead of the 6600 mAh the OP used.

6600mAh Stealth Battery Mod ... (27.5 minute flight times)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj