Reaction score
Soon to be purchasing the Mavic 2 Pro so most of my Content will be the Mavic 2 very soon.

I wanted to say Thank You for letting me share my content on here and for those who i have found/met on here. Thanks for all the comments, likes, constructive criticism, information and knowledge gained to progress in the way i edit my videos and share on my Youtube channel/ADMR1985
I will pop by now and again as may do some comparison videos of the Mavic 2 and Phantom 3.

My MavicPilots username is ADMR1985

Here is my Youtube Channel Trailer and a few of my favorite videos.
Thanks and see you again soon
Andy

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Good luck with your new M2P. I have enjoyed watching your videos and although I mostly take photos with my P3S and Spark your videos have encouraged me to take more video. I too am considering an upgrade to the M2P but not for awhile - maybe the summer.

Chris

Reactions: Green Phantom
Appreciate the time you spent with us Andy and enjoyed your vids. Fly the hell out of that Mav2Pro!

Joe

Thanks Joe, i honestly am so excited to eventually get the Mavic 2 Pro, i can only imagine this is what its like for kids at Christmas haha

Reactions: lolo780
Good luck with your new M2P. I have enjoyed watching your videos and although I mostly take photos with my P3S and Spark your videos have encouraged me to take more video. I too am considering an upgrade to the M2P but not for awhile - maybe the summer.

Chris

Thanks Chris. I feel i should take more photos as well as videos. I am hopeing that Black Friday has the M2P on offer on some site :)

Your video capture and post processing is extraordinary. The sequences capture the viewer and continue to hold interest and inspire. The issue I have is how did you avoid police when flying over populated areas. This past week, I was attempting to make a video in a place where I had made and donated a video to the local community that welcomed my contribution. This time, due to the hype on potential terrorism from drones, I was arrested and charged with defiant behavior. I am feeling less and less comfortable flying anywhere but the remotest locations.

Your video capture and post processing is extraordinary. The sequences capture the viewer and continue to hold interest and inspire. The issue I have is how did you avoid police when flying over populated areas. This past week, I was attempting to make a video in a place where I had made and donated a video to the local community that welcomed my contribution. This time, due to the hype on potential terrorism from drones, I was arrested and charged with defiant behavior. I am feeling less and less comfortable flying anywhere but the remotest locations.
Wow! What could you possibly have been doing that led to a charge of deviant behavior? :oops:
Or did you really mean defiant behavior, which could only have been from interfering with a peace officer, who really had no other valid criminal charge he could arrest you for?
Often also generically referred to as “contempt of cop”, pissing off a cop can often lead to wrongful arrest and charges for “disorderly conduct” or “breach of the peace.” Never heard of "defiant behavior" as a criminal charge. It usually is used in reference to children and teenagers with ODD, oppositional defiant disorder. Please tell us more...

Last edited:

Hi and thank you for the kind words. Not sure which video you mean flying over populated areas? not sure video you are referring too. But i have never had any problems

I'm re-inspired! Great job. Where do you get your music? I've used Soundgarden/Eric Matyas, and even sent him a donation (which he graciously acknowledged). But I'm running out of his stuff that fits my vision.

Thanks David. All of my music has always come from Youtube. That way i know its safe to use and since they updated the library im still finding new music i really like that fits my video/footage

Stunning drone video and editing...love the letterbox format
Looking forward to more videos .... Cheers

Thanks, the Leterbox is a bit of a must for me and my style. I like the cinematic feel they give.

I will be making many many more videos on my Youtube channel with the new Mavic 2 Pro, have to keep an eye :)

Hi and thank you for the kind words. Not sure which video you mean flying over populated areas? not sure video you are referring too. But i have never had any problems
It appears that he is the one who is currently having real problems! ;)

Russ43Phantom: "I was arrested and charged with defiant behavior."

Last edited:
Wow! What could you possibly have been doing that led to a charge of deviant behavior? :oops:
Or did you really mean defiant behavior, which could only have been from interfering with a peace officer, who really had no other valid criminal charge he could arrest you for?
Often also generically referred to as “contempt of cop”, pissing off a cop can often lead to wrongful arrest and charges for “disorderly conduct” or “breach of the peace.” Never heard of "defiant behavior" as a criminal charge. It usually is used in reference to children and teenagers with ODD, oppositional defiant disorder. Please tell us more...
I was asked to let go of the controls and not to care about any potential of property damage or bodily harm it might cause. I explained that my first responsibility as a pilot was to land the drone safely. I carried through with landing my drone ... that was defiant. The officer seemed to believe I was about to trigger the release of a bomb. Two years ago, in the same community, there was no panic or alarm response. In my native state, there is no alarm. BUT ... today in many urban and suburban communities, the level of alarm and perceived threat from drones has heightened way beyond comprehension. That was something I clearly did not understand. I do now.

I was asked to let go of the controls and not to care about any potential of property damage or bodily harm it might cause. I explained that my first responsibility as a pilot was to land the drone safely. I carried through with landing my drone ... that was defiant. The officer seemed to believe I was about to trigger the release of a bomb. Two years ago, in the same community, there was no panic or alarm response. In my native state, there is no alarm. BUT ... today in many urban and suburban communities, the level of alarm and perceived threat from drones has heightened way beyond comprehension. That was something I clearly did not understand. I do now.
Wow! The request/demand to let go of the controls, if immediately complied with, would only cause the drone to hover in place, until you could get his "permission" to land the drone, or activate RTH. Worst case, with no further stick input at all from you, the drone would enter into RTH and come back to you, or gently decend and land in place. Property damage or bodily harm from simply letting go of the controls was highly unlikely. Never argue with a man with a gun. When you refused to comply, he understandably had concerns, as he probably knew what I just explained above, and he was only ordering you to hover the drone in place. In his mind, the only reason for you not to let go of the controls, as ordered, is you had some nefarious purpose. It's a different world out there, and drones are being used for terrorism. Was the charge eventually dismissed, or did you plead it down to disturbing the peace? How did it all turn out?

He had no idea about drones. He flew one once and was concerned that a drone pilot would wander onto a road or rail track if they focused on piloting. I was close enough to a road that I did not want to rely on RTH. The tension level was raised to an extreme high ... unfortunately. I do now agree ... never argue with a man with a gun.

He had no idea about drones. He flew one once and was concerned that a drone pilot would wander onto a road or rail track if they focused on piloting. I was close enough to a road that I did not want to rely on RTH. The tension level was raised to an extreme high ... unfortunately. I do now agree ... never argue with a man with a gun.
That is a frightening story. Luckily where I live, people are still amazed by drones and there is no panic. Only time I was asked politely by the police to pack up and leave was when I flew close to the governor’s house. Once I explained I was surveying the building next door, they left me alone. Hope it stays peaceful like this for some time.

So, how did it all turn out?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31