Buying on Amazon

I realize I'm about to get sucked into the GadgetGuy vortex, but I'll bite since you're doing a disservice by providing a lot of incorrect information.

Once you have positively established that Amazon itself is NOT an authorized DJI dealer, please report back, so we can get to the bottom of this, instead of speculating.
You are the only person speculating here. Go check out DJI's list of authorized DJI dealers. Amazon is not on the list.

You, yourself, have recommended buying from Amazon
I would never recommend anyone buy from a seller that is not an authorized DJI dealer when purchasing in the US. However, I do agree that buying from authorized DJI dealers on Amazon is a fantastic option. And I would wholeheartedly agree that you'll have the best experience if Amazon fulfills the order.

I don't recommend Amazon because they charge sales tax
You most likely won't pay sales tax if you buy from an authorized DJI dealer on Amazon.

Further, if Amazon itself were not an authorized dealer, why would authorized dealers like Best Buy and B&H attempt to even price match them on DJI products?
I don't know about B&H, but Best Buy will price match any products that are sold and fulfilled by Amazon. The product/manufacturer does not matter. If interested, you can find more details about their policy on the Best Buy website.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
I realize I'm about to get sucked into the GadgetGuy vortex, but I'll bite since you're doing a disservice by providing a lot of incorrect information.

You are the only person speculating here. Go check out DJI's list of authorized DJI dealers. Amazon is not on the list.

I would never recommend anyone buy from a seller that is not an authorized DJI dealer when purchasing in the US. However, I do agree that buying from authorized DJI dealers on Amazon is a fantastic option. And I would wholeheartedly agree that you'll have the best experience if Amazon fulfills the order.

You most likely won't pay sales tax if you buy from an authorized DJI dealer on Amazon.

I don't know about B&H, but Best Buy will price match any products that are sold and fulfilled by Amazon. The product/manufacturer does not matter. If interested, you can find more details about their policy on the Best Buy website.
[Sounds of vortex sucking] So you are holding yourself out as the clearinghouse for all information DJI, but won't make a single telephone call yourself to DJI, to verify that the lack of inclusion of Amazon direct as an authorized dealer was not an oversight? You are losing credibility by still speculating. Being listed means they are. Not being listed does not necessarily mean they are not! Proof means a written DJI document from a DJI authority stating that the omission was intentional and not an oversight. Still awaiting your actual proof, instead of further speculation. :cool:

Oh, this is just how GadgetGuy rolls ;)

Well I'm going to have to way in on your side Mike.... You have a ton of valuable info and some amazing list that are so helpful. Cant speak for Gadget guy on the helpful side since I haven't gotten any from him....

Well I'm going to have to way in on your side Mike.... You have a ton of valuable info and some amazing list that are so helpful. Cant speak for Gadget guy on the helpful side since I haven't gotten any from him....
Mike provides a good service, but doesn't always recognize that things are not always as they seem. DJI makes mistakes. We all know that. My 1461 "Likes" for someone who volunteers his time here, giving back, without any ulterior financial motive, should be telling about my helpfulness, whether you have personally benefited from my 5,000+ posts over the last 2 years, or not. However, this really isn't a popularity contest. Amazon either is or isn't a DJI authorized dealer. We need something more definitive from DJI, rather than our mutual speculations. Mike's referral to the DJI list which is not all inclusive, simply isn't enough to answer the question. If Amazon is, in fact, not an authorized DJI dealer, it begs the question of why not? I really don't care one way or another, because I would never buy from Amazon, when I can get an Amazon price match from Best Buy and pick it up today with a 45 day return period, and can buy from B&H with no sales tax and have a 30 return period. However, Mike owes it to us, as the expert, to find out definitively, and not just rely upon the "list" which we can all read without his help. So, how about it Mike? Will you make that phone call, or not? :cool:

Mike owes it to us
Amazon was never on any of DJI's authorized dealer lists. That's enough proof for me. If you wish to investigate this further, then I'll leave this task for you.

Amazon was never on any of DJI's authorized dealer lists. That's enough proof for me. If you wish to investigate this further, then I'll leave this task for you.
So, even though you hold yourself out as the clearinghouse for accurate DJI information, and earn your living that way, with sponsored links to everything DJI on your website, you feel no obligation to your customers to verify the accuracy of whether or not Amazon direct is an authorized DJI dealer, and will rely on the same information that everyone can read on the DJI website? What value do you bring, if you won't even try to correct their likely mistakes of omission? It makes no difference to me either way, but I am certain your customers would like to know the truth, even if you don't care to verify the information for yourself. Don't your customers deserve your due diligence?

Last edited:
Is this documented by DJI somewhere? I've never seen Amazon on DJI's list of authorized DJI dealers.
Would you please explain this apparent contradiction, from none other than yourself, in between the quotation marks below, from a previous post of yours, last year:
========
Is amazon an authorized dealer for DJI, in other words, do I get the DJI warranty?
"Amazon is not on DJI's authorized dealer list. DJI will honor their warranty if you buy a new Phantom from Amazon though."
Citation: Is amazon and authorized dealer? Post #6
========
The only reason anyone cares about authorized dealers is because of the DJI warranty. Amazon does not have a geographic brick and mortar location, so there is no way to search for Amazon in DJI's dealer map search tool. There is no alphabetical list of every authorized DJI Dealer on DJI's website, so what "list" are you refering to that they are not on?

So you admit that DJI will honor the warranty from an Amazon direct purchase, but you still want to maintain that they are NOT an authorized dealer? Being an authorized dealer is a prerequisite to having the warranty honored by DJI! :cool:

Last edited:
So you admit that DJI will honor the warranty from an Amazon direct purchase, but you still want to maintain that they are NOT an authorized dealer?
No. After I made that post, DJI changed their policy and said they would only honor their warranty if purchasing from an authorized DJI dealer in the US after July 18th, 2016.

No. After I made that post, DJI changed their policy and said they would only honor their warranty if purchasing from an authorized DJI dealer in the US after July 18th, 2016.
Ok. Contradiction explained, but see my post #54 below. :cool:

(Mike, please accept my apologies for my offensive remarks In post #50 above, which have now been edited out. We are both on the same side here, trying to convey accurate information. My abrasive tone was inappropriate and uncalled for. Mea culpa.)

Last edited:
Check mate *****!!!
Not exactly.
IMG_0397.jpg

DJI confirms in post #54 above, by email, as well as by phone with numerous managers, that Amazon LLC is an authorized DJI Dealer, and all Amazon "sold and shipped by Amazon" sales with Amazon LLC as the direct seller qualify for the 12 month DJI warranty. Only Amazon LLC sales "sold and delivered by Amazon" qualfy for Amazon's 30 day money back guarantee, unless it states Amazon Prime. None of the Phantomhelp.com P4P listed authorized Amazon 3rd party sellers are Amazon Prime eligible, and each has their own separate return and exchange policies, which cannot be determined without contacting each of them, and none answer their phone. For all such 3rd party sellers, the product must be returned to the seller, and not Amazon, for any returns. One of them finally replied to my email inquiry. "Hello, We accept the return within 14 days if the drone not active." That's hardly a return policy.

Bottom line, only if you buy from Amazon LLC or an Amazon Prime reseller do you get Amazon's generous 30 day return policy. None of Mike's P4P affiliate links on Amazon qualify for this return policy. If all you want is a DJI warranty, they are all good for that.

Mike, if you believe any of the above is incorrect, please correct me. I am interested in accurate, complete, correct information, and this really isn't about me being right, but investigating apparent contradictions to get at the truth. My suspicions that Amazon LLC, itself, as a direct seller, is an officially authorized DJI dealer, and purchases from it qualify for a 12 month DJI warranty, have now been officially confirmed by none other than DJI. You are welcome! :cool:

Last edited:
DJI confirms that Amazon LLC is an authorized DJI Dealer, and all Amazon "sold and delivered by Amazon" sales with Amazon LLC as the direct seller qualfy for the 12 month DJI warranty. Only Amazon LLC sales "sold and delivered by Amazon" qualfy for Amazon's 30 day money back guarantee, unless it states Amazon Prime. None of the Phantomhelp.com P4P listed authorized Amazon 3rd party sellers are Amazon Prime eligible, and each has their own separate return and exchange policies, which cannot be determined without contacting each of them, and none answer their phone. For all such 3rd party sellers, the product must be returned to the seller, and not Amazon.

Bottom line, only if you buy from Amazon LLC or an Amazon Prime reseller do you get Amazon's generous 30 day return policy. None of Mike's affiliate links on Amazon qualify for this return policy.

If any of the above is incorrect, please correct me. I am interested in accurate, complete, correct information, and this really isn't about me being right, but investigating apparent contradictions to get at the truth. My suspicions have now been officially confirmed. :cool:

Correct me if I am wrong but if your phantom 3 standard was purchased brand new, not refurbished or used by a third party in Amazon, still the DJI warranty doesn't apply?

Correct me if I am wrong but if your phantom 3 standard was purchased brand new, not refurbished or used by a third party in Amazon, still the DJI warranty doesn't apply?
Depends upon whether the 3rd party seller is an authorized DJI dealer or not. Some are, some are not. If they are on Mike's list, they are authorized, but his list is not exhaustive. Mike's list only contains sellers who have agreed to pay him an affiliate commission. It also depends upon whether or not you are in the United States, where this restriction applies. However, the email from DJI that I received today from the Repair Authorization Dept. (see post #54 above) could be generally construed to say any purchase from any Amazon seller would be covered. That was not the intent, but it sounds like that they are handling it that way, if you appeal any denial of warranty coverage, based solely upon lack of a properly qualified receipt of purchase, which was made through Amazon.

Last edited:
Reactions: macoman
@msinger has been active on the Forum this evening, but has chosen not to reply. Apparently, he now agrees with everything I wrote above, since he hasn't tried to correct anything! Glad we are finally both on the same page! It took a while to get there, but it was worth the effort to get at the truth, and get the facts straight, instead of relying upon suppositions and assumptions and speculating.:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: macoman
@msinger has been active on the Forum this evening, but has chosen not to reply. Apparently, he now agrees with everything I wrote above, since he hasn't tried to correct anything! Glad we are finally both on the same page! It took a while to get there, but it was worth the effort to get at the truth, and get the facts straight, instead of relying upon suppositions and assumptions and speculating.
It's unfortunate that you spend so much time here fighting with people and incessantly editing your posts to ensure you've made every possible jab at the people you're attacking. Very little of what you stated in this thread is true or anything more than an assumption. So, anyone reading your posts should be wary of your advice. I realize it's not worth my time to continue to reply to you, so I won't be responding to anything else you write here. Life is short, friend. Go spend it doing something worthwhile.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94