buying an international drone and importing

Reaction score
would I have any issues buying a drone from someone in Europe and using it in the US?

If there are no warranty considerations to be had, I would say no. I purchased my last phantom in the Phillipines, bought an adaptor power plug and have flown with no issues for two years. You may even see an increase in range given that most of Europe is CE and I believe the US is FCC.
For the right price, why not.....

If there are no warranty considerations to be had, I would say no. I purchased my last phantom in the Phillipines, bought an adaptor power plug and have flown with no issues for two years. You may even see an increase in range given that most of Europe is CE and I believe the US is FCC.
For the right price, why not.....

I understand that Phantoms figure out where they are in the world, using onboard GPS, and adjust their transmission to comply with local FCC / CE requirements, so you won’t see any range change - they (Phantoms) are the same all around the world.

I understand that Phantoms figure out where they are in the world, using onboard GPS, and adjust their transmission to comply with local FCC / CE requirements, so you won’t see any range change - they (Phantoms) are the same all around the world.
I was referring to the transmitter power given my P4 in CE mode is 17dBm whereas if it were in a FCC area, it would be 23 dBm. More power = more range.

Reactions: Loz

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl