buying a mavic pro from where is better.

Reaction score
Hi

I am thinking of buying a Mavic Pro.
I bought my P3S direct from DJI store. I paid US$530.00
DJI store said Mavic is US$1059.00.
I saw price quoted by Apple store for Mavic is S$1450 [around there].
Is there any difference buying from DJI store or the Apple or the authorised dealers?
Or should I go to China or HK to go.
Where is the service centre. In China, I supposed.
Can anybody tell me.

USA main service center is in Los Angeles. DJI also shows Drone Nerds in Florida, and STC NYC Electronics in New York as their service centers, but whether or not they do warranty work over their LA main one I don't know.

Personally, the RMA and return process is slow and why I bought out of the nearby Best Buy as you can take it back within 15 days, and maybe longer if you are a prime member with them. Apple may do the same in their stores. Best Buy will price match (Just did it last week on a DVR). Apple may do the same, but BB was a snap to get the price match.

DJI also does not like gray market goods so good luck if you are buying from an unauthorized dealer and wanting service. You may end up paying for warranty work, or they may just decline it altogether. Shipping out of the country for gray market repair may get you into a snag when it comes back and custom's tags it for a distributor's fee or license. Happened to a friend who bought a underwater camera that leaked and needed repair, went back to Japan, and the USA distributor's license and import fee was expensive.

As to the drones, I took two back for plain sloppy quality control matters that should have been caught when made (Bad focus in one camera, and jammed filter ring and iffy video connections with second one.). These things seem to have different operational personalities too. The LA main center one does not accept walk-ins (Guard at a gate.) and you have to go back and forth for the RMA process and call center and maybe wait for a estimate if they refuse it.

Good luck.

USA main service center is in Los Angeles. DJI also shows Drone Nerds in Florida, and STC NYC Electronics in New York as their service centers, but whether or not they do warranty work over their LA main one I don't know.

Personally, the RMA and return process is slow and why I bought out of the nearby Best Buy as you can take it back within 15 days, and maybe longer if you are a prime member with them. Apple may do the same in their stores. Best Buy will price match (Just did it last week on a DVR). Apple may do the same, but BB was a snap to get the price match.

DJI also does not like gray market goods so good luck if you are buying from an unauthorized dealer and wanting service. You may end up paying for warranty work, or they may just decline it altogether. Shipping out of the country for gray market repair may get you into a snag when it comes back and custom's tags it for a distributor's fee or license. Happened to a friend who bought a underwater camera that leaked and needed repair, went back to Japan, and the USA distributor's license and import fee was expensive.

As to the drones, I took two back for plain sloppy quality control matters that should have been caught when made (Bad focus in one camera, and jammed filter ring and iffy video connections with second one.). These things seem to have different operational personalities too. The LA main center one does not accept walk-ins (Guard at a gate.) and you have to go back and forth for the RMA process and call center and maybe wait for a estimate if they refuse it.

Good luck.
I am from Singapore. Maybe I have to call Apple in Singapore to check. Thanks

You're late, your best bet is to get it through DJI directly. As of yet, no 3rd party dealer has shipped any units besides those who have pre ordered with DJI.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If stock is available, I will buy from Best Buy.

If stock is available, I will buy from Best Buy.

This.

BB has great return policy. I bought a $1700 laptop 2 months ago and dropped it on the first day, which caused a small crack on the screen. Luckily I opted in on geek squad coverage. I went to return it the next day and got a new replacement within 10mins.

any stores have the mavic in stock yet? if not whats the hold up. Obviously something is going on with production if they haven't shipped to stores by now

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31