Buy from B&H Photo or DJI direct

Direct is faster, late April according to the site. B&H will probably ship in May according to the site. Not really sure the difference btwn warranty/returns since I've not done any.

I got my P2 v3 through B&H....They are supposed to be trained for repairs and problems....
When I had problems with my gimble, they talked me through the calibration procedure and when
it wouldn't work, issued a return and shipped me a new one in less than a week...I don't know if you would get that service from DJI....only bad thing is I live in NYS and had to pay the sales tax...JMHO

AFAIK B&H does not have Phantom 3 listed yet. They also have restocking fees. I have ordered many things from B&H and never had any problems. I only point out the restocking fees b/c I just got my phantom 2v+ from them last week. I have decided to keep the P2 .

It is a lot less hassle dealing with B&H and they offer great support in my opinion. I never ever got that level of support from DJI. Also, their warranty and returns are great.

The training/setup vids that B&H produced were very helpful. Much better than the DJI vids.

I like and trust B&H. I buy all sorts of stuff from them from cameras, phantoms, and computer memory. They are excellent, ship fast, and are very helpful on the phone, chat or email, unlike DJI.

I ordered mine from B & H IMO they're easier to deal with if you have any issues

I bought my first P2V from B&H. I made a BIG mistake and bought my P2V+ v3 direct from DJI. I will NEVER buy anything direct from them ever again. B&H or any reputable dealer wins hands down IMHO.

I ordered from B&H first but then cancelled when they didn't have a combo package that offered the extra battery for $100 more. Dji does and a lot of the other resellers do. I buy LOTS from B&H on the photography side and bought a P2 from them. It had the v2.0 ESCs and it crashed and they replaced it with no hassle. I'd like to change my order back to B&H but only if I can get the extra battery combo.

Both B&H and UAVoutlet have the P2V+ V3 for more $$ than the P3. I wonder how many P2V+ V3 they going to sell at those prices?

I live in the UK and have ordered direct from DJI for a few reasons, 1st cos im stupid and not prepared to wait, 2nd to date no UK dealer has been told that they are being given the extra battery deal option as yet. The massive and i mean massive problem im going to have is should something go wrong, because if it should and many P2 owners are hoping things will, then by law i will need to return my P3 to HK were it was delivered from. Us buyers are ok and have a us returns for dji but in the uk our returns for faulty items from dji is HK. I have thought about this long and hard since my time of order on release night and contemplated cancelling my order with dji and waiting longer and placing another order with a uk dealer and paying extra when the battery's become available. This is something that is still on my mind and worrying me. If i cancel direct they will turn out to be the best thing since sliced bread i bet, if i don't you can bet your bottom dollar the bad threads on here will start to pour in on arrivals with problems and people needing to return them. Might start a thread on this to see what others would do. LOL

I have made purchases from both B&H and Drones Etc. Both seemed very accommodating when dealing with issues. B&H did replace a faulty controller in March 2014 quickly (within 1 week). On another occasion I did get the run-around from B&H when trying to return two faulty batteries in July 2014. They challenged me on the 41 and 33 flights on each of the batteries. They claimed that I have flown over 1000 times in a 110 days. If you include the flight time and the recharge times per cycle, then their estimate would mean I would have been flying about 20 hours per day 7 days per week. In either case I ended up contacting DJI directly and the two bad batteries were replaced. This took 6 weeks for DJI to replace the batteries. Maybe their turn-around times are better now, but I have nothing to substantiate that claim.

I purchased a HD-3D gimbal from Drones etc. It would not calibrate correctly and they sent me a replacement while DJI was processing the faulty g imbal.

I live in the UK and have ordered direct from DJI for a few reasons, 1st cos im stupid and not prepared to wait, 2nd to date no UK dealer has been told that they are being given the extra battery deal option as yet. The massive and i mean massive problem im going to have is should something go wrong, because if it should and many P2 owners are hoping things will, then by law i will need to return my P3 to HK were it was delivered from. Us buyers are ok and have a us returns for dji but in the uk our returns for faulty items from dji is HK. I have thought about this long and hard since my time of order on release night and contemplated cancelling my order with dji and waiting longer and placing another order with a uk dealer and paying extra when the battery's become available. This is something that is still on my mind and worrying me. If i cancel direct they will turn out to be the best thing since sliced bread i bet, if i don't you can bet your bottom dollar the bad threads on here will start to pour in on arrivals with problems and people needing to return them. Might start a thread on this to see what others would do. LOL

Seriously? I must have missed that. Got a link?

This is my first Phantom (but not first RC craft) and I bought from DJI last night. After reading through this thread I feel like I made a mistake and should of ordered from Amazon or BH. Should I cancel and risk loosing my place in the pre order line or should I just wait?

I ordered 3 PBS one from B&H, one from Amazon & one from UAV Direct.

I'll keep the first 2 to arrive. I'm sure one my friends will take the third.

I was at the DJI show in NY last week and ordered right after the show.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers