Broken Controller Antenna Cover - Anyone Else?

Reaction score
Excited to get my hands on the P3 only to be immediately disappointed by a broken antenna cover on the controller... Frustrating. Anyone else?

IMG_20150429_095929916.jpg

Nope, mine looks all good.

Though, my gimbal support wasn't attached when I opened the box.....

Just that clear plastic thing that holds the camera and gimbal steady for transport.
It all looks ok. Guess we'll know more when I fire it up.

I'd call that 24/7 customer service # and test them out. Let us know.

I tried the P3 chat - and they just directed me to the North America email address and number. Sent an email, will call later if I don't get a response.

Just that clear plastic thing that holds the camera and gimbal steady for transport.
It all looks ok. Guess we'll know more when I fire it up.

Mine was similar, when I pulled it out the plastic stabilizer just fell off the P3, gimbal looks fine - but seems to be either sloppy packaging or a rough ride from China.

Update:

Decided to call DJI - the gentlemen on the phone was at first completely unhelpful and unsure of his responses. First he told me that I'd have to ship the entire unit back, they inspect, and then they ship me a new one. I asked, obviously, if they have replacement P3 Pro's in stock to turn it around same day. He said he didn't know. So I ask him if he works for DJI - he replies: yes. I then asked him if he worked there why he couldn't ask someone if they knew if they'd be able to replace it quickly? I explained I preordered, received a broken unit and now I'm facing uncertain amount of exchange time? He didn't seem to get it. Put me on hold, checked something, came back with the same response.

So, I told him that this will be posted to the Internet - he stated I could do whatever I wanted to. I chuckled a bit, then he had second thoughts. Put me on hold again, came back, stated that they did have units they could replace it with and that I would need to fill out a form. He sent me the form (to the wrong email address so I never got it) explained the process and then was waiting for me to get the new email (corrected address) before he hung up.

Then he put me on hold again, came back and stated he could not replace the unit. He said I'd have to email (couldn't speak to anyone) the [email protected] address, explain I had a broken remote and that they could swap it out (but provided zero guidance on what that meant).

What a cluster - I explained to him that DJI is rather well known for their horrid support and that this has so far proven to me that they still don't have their ducks in a row or, quite honestly, care about customer satisfaction all that much. While he did try to help me (after prodding the Internet angle), you could tell he wasn't actually interested - but seemed in a hurry to get me off the call (probably rated on call length).

DJI, if you're reading - your customer support still sucks and while I understand this could have been a shipping related incident realize that while I'm not looking for any special treatment I would like to have a reasonable answer for a device I just spent roughly $1300 on.

I'll update once I get a reply from "Sales" although I'm not going to hold my breath... So the saga begins.

To be honest I think any company would say it would need to be returned, only real customer oriented companies like amazon ship a replacement before receiving the broken unit.

Can you buy spare antennas for DJI controllers as that might be the option, duct tape it for now so you can play and buy a replacement when they become available?

I feel your frustration though and hope they do come back with a better response.

To be honest I think any company would say it would need to be returned, only real customer oriented companies like amazon ship a replacement before receiving the broken unit.

Can you buy spare antennas for DJI controllers as that might be the option, duct tape it for now so you can play and buy a replacement when they become available?

I feel your frustration though and hope they do come back with a better response.

I don't expect anyone to ship me anything before they get the defective product back - I just want to know that as soon as they receive the defective unit that they will be shipping a replacement within a day or two. I'm not unreasonable - but I also don't want to wait a month either.

And, as for getting a replacement - you can't remove the antenna on the controller without taking it apart (unless I missed something). While the cracked cover will likely not impact the performance at all I would like a brand new product to be undamaged when I receive it. I take care of my things and I shouldn't have to resort to duct taping something new. I explained to the DJI support person that the P3 itself looked to be fine and that I'd be happy to just swap the controller out if at all possible.

Apparently DJI didn't take into consideration shipping damage for individual items and are not really well equipped to handle my request. I'm fine if I'm out a week - two at the most. But, beyond that I think most people would start to get irritated.

I had an issue a little while ago and email channel did not work.

Post a message on their Facebook page.

I'll call back tomorrow if I get nothing today. Thanks for the tip but I don't use Facebook and don't ever intend to again. If DJI can't properly handle customer support without making a public spectacle of them that's unfortunate I guess... I'll be happily surprised if I get a replacement out of them within a month.

I'll call back tomorrow if I get nothing today. Thanks for the tip but I don't use Facebook and don't ever intend to again. If DJI can't properly handle customer support without making a public spectacle of them that's unfortunate I guess... I'll be happily surprised if I get a replacement out of them within a month.
This is why you order from a dealer and not direct with DJI!!! I ordered my P3P yesterday afternoon and it's already in the mail on the way to my house, with delivery scheduled for 5/1/2015.

Feeling better about the sales tax penalty I paid by supporting my local dealer right about now...

Feeling better about the sales tax penalty I paid by supporting my local dealer right about now...
You do realize that you owe the sales tax even if you buy it in another state?

Hmm thinking of cancelling my order I made direct with DJI and ordering from a local dealer because this kind of problem scares me... if the DJI website says payment success - but not shipped - does that mean the money has actually come off my credit card or is it pending shipment?

Hmm thinking of cancelling my order I made direct with DJI and ordering from a local dealer because othis scares me... if the DJI website says payment success - but not shipped - does that mean the money has actually come off my credit card or is it pending shipment?

Personally I would say - do that if you can. If I could go back and do that I would at this point and while I did get my unit before the people who bought 3rd party it didn't really pay and now I will end up behind based on the fact that I'm looking to get a replacement controller. It's unfortunate...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic