Broke the mini pci port that connects to antenna inside controller

I am sorry that I wasn't more help, but I thought what I saw in your pictures was a broken antenna connector. I couldn't figure out what was broken either, but....
The pictures I posted were for the antenna cable connector and not the SMA end.
Good that you found another one though!

I am sorry that I wasn't more help, but I thought what I saw in your pictures was a broken antenna connector. I couldn't figure out what was broken either, but....
The pictures I posted were for the antenna cable connector and not the SMA end.
Good that you found another one though!
How is it that none of you guys know about the inner workings of the easily modifiable hardware, but know everything about the dealers? At least one person should have known exactly what I was talking about. But no one did. +1 YouTube -1 phantom "pilots".

How is it that none of you guys know about the inner workings of the easily modifiable hardware, but know everything about the dealers? At least one person should have known exactly what I was talking about. But no one did. +1 YouTube -1 phantom "pilots".
blank stare.png

How is it you come here for help and some did try and you post that ? o_O
Tell ya what..just ask YouTube for anything else ya need !

Last edited:

How is it you come onto this site and then insult the people who are trying to help you? That kind of attitude is not tolerated here.

Just wanted to add something I think might be useful to somebody.

I did this same thing a couple days ago. I thought I trashed my controller, but what I learned is if that little stem or pin sticking out of the board is intact, you can still attach your antenna cable connector back onto the board, and it should work fine provided you can get it to stick to the board somehow. The purpose of the ring that surrounds the stem/pin is to give the cable something to snap onto. So if that has been ripped off, soldering your antenna cable, (pigtail, whatever) will work. I've read this on some other post I found with google, and I also tried it myself. I did not lose any range at all. Point is, one doesn't necessarily need to buy a new board or new controller.

The trick to scraping off that white silicone stuff is infinite patience and the right scraping tool. Fifteen minutes is probably not enough time. An hour will produce better results. Don't try to pry anything UP before the stuff is scraped off.

Hope this helps somebody some day.

if its so easy to modify why do you need a new one :p

just out of curiosity how did you manage to snap it off ?would of thought the antenna connector would of given way b4 the soldering on the board.

Reactions: dirkclod
I'm going thru this card replacement issue right now. I was taking the white silicon off the card to remove the antenna for an upgrade. I apparently got a "little" carried away and cut the connector piece off the board. I was able to buy a new RC Transmitter at a decent price, took that whole card out and put it in my transmitter body. Now I'm getting "Config Error" messages. I've emailed the antenna mfg to see if I've connected something wrong. Someday I learn that they build stuff a certain way at the factory for a reason. Doesn't seem to matter if it's motorcycles, computers, or drones I should stick with the factory set-ups.
Sorry for the rant....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik