BNIB Phantom 3 Standard

Reaction score
So I bought a few of these back when they were released and I still have one BNIB never opened. Figured I'd sell it and recoup some of the money I spent. Any idea what these things are worth these days? Any reason I might want to keep it?

I doubt the batteries are any good if never kept charged. Including the remote. Worth checking before a sale. Helps to know the batteries work before purchase. Good luck.

Reactions: REBELimgs and JoBe
I doubt the batteries are any good if never kept charged. Including the remote. Worth checking before a sale. Helps to know the batteries work before purchase. Good luck.
That's why I didn't make this a classifieds post but it was moved here. I wanted advice like that.

That being said, just the fact that it's opened would take away from any potential value, no?

for sure a low chance the bats will work at all. we tell people so much to maintain bats for this reason.

That's why I didn't make this a classifieds post but it was moved here. I wanted advice like that.

That being said, just the fact that it's opened would take away from any potential value, no?
hard call. bnib has a nice ring but the high chance of both bats being bad make it a risk. opening it reduces value but u can check bats.
anyway i dont think anyone would buy it not knowing about bats unless its as-is bats not tested - for parts only.

So I bought a few of these back when they were released and I still have one BNIB never opened. Figured I'd sell it and recoup some of the money I spent. Any idea what these things are worth these days? Any reason I might want to keep it?
this one sold a while back for $150 my take is that could be the most you would get unless you open it and check or just part it out and sell indivudual parts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt KO

Not really. Open box with good batteries is far more valuable than taking a chance. Buyers will assume the worst. Explain ’Why’ you opened it. Of course, on eBay, a newbe may be willing to chance it. Over there, it’s buyer beware. Here, people prefer honesty. And you’ve been honest.?
P3S is not high on most lists, so even if it charges, you might only be in the $300 range. That’s what I got for a P3S open box with working batteries. Check eBay for the actual sell prices, not the asking (changes often) Good luck.

Reactions: REBELimgs
If you decide to keep-it, they make an excellent fishing drone. Good enough range, great lifting power, wind resistance, and Cheap price make it desirable (expendable?). Add a bait dropper and go fish! ? just a thought.

Reactions: REBELimgs
It's not a collector item.
I would rather buy a used one that's known to be working than opening up a mystery box.
I just bought a P3A for $258 and it's way more advanced than the standard.
There are others listed here in the 300 to 400$ range and better birds
You're 150 to 200$ no matter what you do with the box.

Reactions: Capt KO
My P3P has sat unused since I bought it many years ago and this weekend I decided to get it ready for it's first flight. Both flight batteries were showing up with an error after charging but after updating the firmware they are now fine. You might be lucky too, but I would think it is worth checking before selling.

• Wow
Reactions: Budman and Capt KO
It's not a collector item.
I would rather buy a used one that's known to be working than opening up a mystery box.
I just bought a P3A for $258 and it's way more advanced than the standard.
There are others listed here in the 300 to 400$ range and better birds
You're 150 to 200$ no matter what you do with the box.

Seems like I got lucky. My listing mentioned the age of the item and the possibility of low performing batteries.

Attachments

• 20200730_222537.jpg
    20200730_222537.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 146
  • Screenshot_20200730-222701_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200730-222701_eBay.jpg
    565.8 KB · Views: 151
  • Sad
Reactions: Oso
Wow, $550 for a standard?
Somebody didn't know what they were buying
Lucky for sure