GadgetGuy

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Blending Jump Cuts, Seeking Best Options After 4K60 Video Glitch Removal

Since it appears that the P4P 4K 60 video glitches lasting 4-30 frames are here to stay (DJI engineers confirmed this week that still they have no FW fix or hardware fix available, after 8 months of trying), what are the best video editing options in Premiere Pro CC 2017 for dealing with the resulting jump cut, after cutting out the glitched frames, to blend them together seamlessly?

Just cutting out the video glitched frames, and deleting the resulting timeline gap, leaves a jump cut that is often more noticeable than the original video glitch. Unfortunately, the Adobe PP "morph cut" is specifically designed for talking heads, using facial recognition, and not effective at blending landscape aerial scenes together.

What process is working for you, and what do you recommend?

Leaving them in is the simplest option, but degrades the superior quality of the rest of the perfect 4K 60 video.

Ideally, I want to recreate the exact same number of cut out glitched frames, that morphs the changes between the two frames on each side of the cut. After Effects apparently has the ability to do this through a process called a warp cut, but is there an easier way?

Since the video glitches invariably on occur on the lower half of the frame, perhaps zooming into the top portion of the 4K frame, using the corrupted frames is another possible solution, but I would prefer not to change the zoom level, if I can avoid it.

All constructive suggestions welcome!

Last edited:
Sorry for your footage glitch issue. I was just going to suggest one of AE's warp tools but you beat me to it. That would be my best suggestion. I assume the glitch happens at a critical time of the footage and you can't edit around it?

Sorry for your footage glitch issue. I was just going to suggest one of AE's warp tools but you beat me to it. That would be my best suggestion. I assume the glitch happens at a critical time of the footage and you can't edit around it?
Yes, in continuous flight video at 30 mph, any jump cuts are apparent, and they are so frequent, even if only 4 -30 frames, that leaving them in at least doesn't break up the continuity. Even HD TV has occasional video glitches that we all accept. I'll delve further into the AE warp tools in the interim. Using a frame zoom during a glitch to the upper left or right might help, because the glitches are invariably only over the lower half of the frame, but using a frame zoom will result in an obvious jump cut that I am trying to hide.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers