Blanket or no blanket that is the question ?

Another idea maybe..

Once taken off, go and sit in the car.

Of course on our outings there is a slight social problem there.

Dont bother with a blanket or shade, just go for the Vader look:

Attachments

• Darth.jpg
    Darth.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 349
Lol great thread.

It reminds of a 'superhero' that makes regular appearances on photography magazines:

hoodman-logo_294.jpg

Their solution for 7" monitors is to simply create a longer wrap-around hood:

H-700P.gif

Now I do like the Vader look plus you can instantly slice in half anyone who bothers you with questions. Looks like you have to mod your transmitter though, could you do a youtube video on how its done please....

As for sitting in the car, with the way you fly Dave thats often the safest place to be :lol:

dtdyer01 said:
Another idea maybe..

Once taken off, go and sit in the car.

Of course on our outings there is a slight social problem there.

Serious question here... wouldn't sitting in a metal car block the Tx and FPV signals?

Maybe something like this...
Bonus! No pesky questions from onlookers as they can't bother what they can't see. Think about it...

huntingblind4.jpg

or this...

3218200701_74f14fcdf1_b.jpg

Inspired by the Hoodman post I have knocked a proof of concept out of carboard. This gives much better protection from glare than just the shield. It just eases over the Black Pearl sun shade nice and snug. The idea is I rest my forehead against the box and look through the slot. I am going to take a piece of my blackout material, velcro it to the outside of the box so it goes over my head and cuts out any glare coming from behind. This will only need a small amount of material similar to what you see of a desert soldiers cap. Also it makes it very easy to just pull your head away to make visual contact with the quad. It looks pants but I am pretty confident this will give me a view as close to goggles as I can get without using them.

You can tell by the second picture photography is not my strong point.

So expecting further dastardly ridicule I present NOT Lightbridge Mark 2.

Attachments

• Shield01.jpg
    Shield01.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 320
  • Shield02.jpg
    Shield02.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 302
lol. Previous comments make this a fun read. I actual do use a hood if flying during a sunny day. Most days are sunny here in the desert. My favorite spot to fly is several hundred yards from where my car is parked. Thought no one will ever bother me way out there. Wrong. Twice already someone has walked right up to me and scare the sh@#$% out of me.

I use a Nexus 7 for fpv with a diy sunshade. Made the shade from a black plastic file container from Walmart.($9). Mounted the shade to tx with hardware bought from Amazon. Attach Nexus to inside of shade with heavy duty velcro. The hood was made from black sweatshirt with arms cut off and holes sewn shut. Added a few pieces of velcro to sweatshirt bottom and sunshade to hold in place. Stick your head in neck hole and you have a dark room. Very immersive. I also use a neck strap that is attached to the shade. With all the extra antennas and gear on the tx it makes it more comfortable.

This setup sounds ridiculous and probably looks even worst but I like it. When my bird gets close to home I just pull my head out of the hole and land. lol. Any smart ars comments would be appreciated.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31