Blade removal tool

Reaction score
Is there such a thing as a tool to hold the motor still whilst changing blades?
I only ask as I'm a bit loathed to holding the motor still (Or rather attempting to hold the motor still) with a screw driver whilst I remove them blades.

I only ask as I'm a bit loathed to holding the motor still (Or rather attempting to hold the motor still) with a screw driver whilst I remove them blades.

Yes Dji supply it in the box with the quad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The tool comes with the P3 when you buy it....it's the plastic thing that looks like a large pair of tweezers, and it's in a white box.

You don't tighten them to the point of destruction, DJI have a video on it. Lightly screw the prop on until it rotates the motor, hold the motor between finger and thumb, then turn the prop until it's firmly attached (I'd say 1/8th of a turn maximum), using tools to hold the motor means it's too tight, and you'll strip the threads in the prop at best and at worst wreck the motor by jamming a screwdriver in to it.
Good luck

i-SfZ5VMh-L.jpg

Amazing piece of kit that, complete blade change in 1 minute as opposed to half an hour............. LOL

Not true

You don't tighten them to the point of destruction, DJI have a video on it. Lightly screw the prop on until it rotates the motor, hold the motor between finger and thumb, then turn the prop until it's firmly attached (I'd say 1/8th of a turn maximum), using tools to hold the motor means it's too tight, and you'll strip the threads in the prop at best and at worst wreck the motor by jamming a screwdriver in to it.
Good luck

If the video was wrong, then DJI would edit it in double quick time, think of the complaints! I think that's the accepted method. I always wondered why people complained about screw on props being so awkward, it only takes a moment to fit and remove them.

If the video was wrong, then DJI would edit it in double quick time, think of the complaints! I think that's the accepted method. I always wondered why people complained about screw on props being so awkward, it only takes a moment to fit and remove them.
Yep, you're right, it's the accepted method, that's why it's called the "Propeller Removal Tool" and everyone uses it as the "Propeller Installation Tool.....

Oh, hang on.....:rolleyes:

Reactions: Alex Baxter
I haven't needed to tighten any blades so far, just remove them, and realising how difficult it has been to loosen them without the tool I doubt you would need to tighten them any more than finger tight in the first place!

I haven't needed to tighten any blades so far, just remove them, and realising how difficult it has been to loosen them without the tool I doubt you would need to tighten them any more than finger tight in the first place!
Please follow the DJI procedure, otherwise you'll lose a propeller with all the attendant heartache. When the Phantom gets to a pre-set altitude, or with any throttle reduction the sudden reduction of the motor RPMs can cause the prop to spin off (inertia) if it's not properly fitted. The forum is littered with tales of woe, 'my bird crashed and I've no idea why, one of the props was missing'

The only tools needed are the ones with five fingers and a palm located at the end of each one of your arms.

Reactions: jephoto
I meant it is not true that if you tighten them any tighter the threads will strip. I have always tightened mine pretty tight. Also about the screwdriver comment. I do not know what a screwdriver has to do with the props or motors.

I think it is true. Spin on and snug up firmly but without excessive force. We know that's enough because they come down tighter, sometimes difficult to remove. That's why they supply the tool.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic