Black Pearl NOT A Good Match For ImmersionRC Tx?

dbot3000 said:
I think the only question left open in this thread now is: WHY is the 7-channel Black Pearl any better with the IRC 600mW Tx than the 32-channel version? They both receive on the exact same channels on which the IRC 600mW Tx transmits. The 32-channel version just has additional channel options. So why should it work any worse than the 7-channel version when used in combination with the IRC 600mW?

I'd be interested in any good explanations on that one as I'm no radio frequency expert and I have yet to find a good explanation for this.

Best,

Theoretically, same channels, same Tx power, same antenna should produce the same results. Now do these units all put out a legit 600mW? Anybody bench test one? I know in CB radio the factories detune the Tx down to 3 watts when they are legal up to 4w Tx. I believe they do this so there is no way they are over their legal limit if the FCC ever checked them. You may have have a slight difference on tx power from unit to unit but I would think the factory would have a certain level they set them to. I'm about to order my setup and will put the transmitter on the bench to see what they crank out.

It is very confusing reading all the opinions on this. One person says the 32 channel is less compatible with Immersionrc than another 7 channel receiver. I have the 32 channel and I start getting noise at about 150M using CP Fatshark antennas. As soon as I get an adapter I will try the Planar antenna I bought. If someone would give me a technical reason why a receiver doesn't work as good as another on the same frequency I might believe them. There are things that could cause this like notch filters and other video characteristics. But why would Flysight make a receiver that won't work with other F band xmtrs? I'll update as soon as I can try my setup with a high gain receive antenna.

For this reason I went with the Skyzone mini 500mw 5.8GHz vTx from Surveilzone, and the 8inch screen with built in 32ch diversity vRx from there as well. Google Surveilzone. Should be better compatible. I'll know soon enough :)

Was going to get the Black pearl and ImmersionRC, but after I read about these incompatibilities, and the diff versions of the black pearl etc, as well as the poor brightness on the Black Pearl, I decided to get this other monitor.

Modroco said:
Maybe I can help to shed some light on the Black Pearl for everyone.
The Black Pearl monitor you should use with the immersionrc 5.8ghz 600mw tx is the 7 channel SMA / BAND "F" only. It gets confusing because the model number (RC801) is the same for both the SMA and the RP-SMA versions. The only way to tell the difference btw the 2 versions is that one box has a yellow "F" sticker on it indicating that it is a Band F only receiver. This is an excellent quality monitor and works very well with the immersionrc when the correct monitor is matched to it. We at Motor City Drone Company regularly build FPV systems and 99% of our customers are more than happy with the result of this install. We use IBCrazy BlueBeam Ultra 5.8ghz antennas on our builds and if you want some extra distance we also install a 9.5 helical antenna on the monitor. After we complete each build we test fly all of our builds to an average of 3/4 of a mile.
Things to keep in mind about FPV .(immersionrc 5.8ghz 600mw/Black Pearl)
* Distance can very greatly due to interference from outside sources and land obstructions.
* The monitor should Only be used as an accent to your line of site flying. Flying with your eyes glued to the monitor is dangerous and reckless because if your fpv is interrupted you may have No idea where your bird is. It only takes a second to glance up at your bird every once and a while to make sure you are clear of obstructions and or potential hazards.
* We keep the dop switches on the immersionrc all in the "UP" position. We have tested many different combinations and have had the best success with this setting. (The number 4 dop switch does nothing)
* It is Very Important to charge your Black Pearl battery before Each use. Since both receivers in the diversity monitor and the screen are ran off of one battery it tends to drain within a couple of flights and when power to your monitor's receivers are low their performance is greatly reduced.
* We power up components in the following order. Radio-Phantom-Gopro-Black Pearl. (This seems to give us the best results)
* If you already purchased the 32 channel RP-SMA model then you can access the menu by pressing the power button 2x (after monitor is on) and follow the prompts to select band "F" to get the most out of your monitor. (Doing this helps but still doesn't compare to the performance of the 7 channel SMA / BAND "F" Only model.
* Never turn on monitor or immersion without antennas in place.... may cause damage to components.
* Best mounting placement of the immersionrc is to attach it to the bottom of your phantom with good double-sided tape. We have tried many locations including inside of the phantom with the antenna sticking out of the shell in various places. Although mounting the immersionrc inside the phantom looks very clean and nice the performance is compromised from being in close proximity to the other electrical components.
Whether you are looking to have these components installed by us or want to install them yourself, you can visit us at http://www.motorcitydroneco.com
We Only Sell the Black Pearl 7 Channel SMA / BAND "F" Version so you don't have to worry about ordering the wrong one.
I bought mine from motor city drone co as described above. It works great for me. I've been as far as 1300 meters so far. I've been happy with my setup after a few months of flying

Ok now,
I have Immersionrc 5.8ghz 600mw with a fatshark SMA antenna and BP RP-SMA with one stock antenna and one fatshark antenna through an adaptor. The quality after 200 meters is crappy and I am wondering if I should change the monitor to SMA version or try buying RP-SMA antenna to connect it without adaptor.. The quality is rubbish on both receiving antennas on BP, btw.
Also, when I hold any of the antennas on BP with my hand, the picture becomes crystal clear and all the grain and interruptions goes away.
Any thoughts?

It makes no difference whether the black pearl comes with RP-SMA or SMA antenna terminals as they both work the same way. The only time it matters which antenna terminal the monitor has is when you are ordering new antennas but there workarounds for that as well. Just because there are two different antenna terminals both monitors have the same bands and frequencies. I to use a 32 channel black pearl.with a immersion 600mw TX without any problems using stock antennas. The main reason for the monitor in the first place is to line up your camera for a video/photo shot and also for the telemetry from the iOSD.

Ok now,
I have Immersionrc 5.8ghz 600mw with a fatshark SMA antenna and BP RP-SMA with one stock antenna and one fatshark antenna through an adaptor. The quality after 200 meters is crappy and I am wondering if I should change the monitor to SMA version or try buying RP-SMA antenna to connect it without adaptor.. The quality is rubbish on both receiving antennas on BP, btw.
Also, when I hold any of the antennas on BP with my hand, the picture becomes crystal clear and all the grain and interruptions goes away.
Any thoughts?
I've recorded a video showing the interference I get. As you see, turning the remote on/off does nothing.

Here is my setup. iOSD mini is inside, in the end of battery block (if it matters).

7wIvhyh.jpg

Any ideas? Even with these glitches I could fly away to about 800-900 meters in the city. Maybe everything if fine and it's just the way it works?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl