Black pearl channels and frequencies...

Reaction score
I have a P2, Zen H3-3D, Futaba receiver with 7" Black Pearl FPV. I bought my kit from DSLRPros and they set it up, programmed it and test flew it before shipment.

Yesterday, I flew with the gimbal, GoPro and FPV for the first time. My problem is the reception of my monitor. It's bad when I am 10 ft away, when it gets 20-25ft away it's just static. I called DSLRPros and they said that the channel and frequency needs to be changed on the monitor and sent me an email with manuals on everything.

I understand how to change the channels and frequency but how do I know which one is correct? Should it match my Futaba? If so, how do I determine which frequency and channel the Futaba using? I am a beginner and do not understand so please be kind. :D

I have no direct experience with that DSLRPros kit, but I seriously doubt your RC controller and FPV operate in the same frequency range... that would just be trouble. you want the OPPOSITE of those 2 things on the same frequency :) you don't want FPV interfering with the RC control and vice versa

now, of course you DO want your FPV transmitter and FPV receiver on the same channel/frequency. Do you know exactly what video transmitter is on there?

there are likely some dip switches on the video transmitter (on the Phantom) to set the channel, yes? there should be a table somewhere that lists the channels and their associated frequency for the transmitter.. I'm just throwing random data out here as example: so say you're on CH1 and that frequency is 5740. now refer to the table of channels for your RECEIVER and regardless of anything else, tune your receiver channel to whatever channel matches the transmitter... in my example that would be 5740

did this kit come with upgraded antennas or are you using the stock little round bars that come with transmitters/receivers?

It has nothing to do with your Futaba transmitter. The Black Pearl needs to have it's channel set to the same as the video transmitter.
You don't say what video transmitter you are using but look it up on the net and see what channels it uses and what it's set to. Make sure that the Black Pearl is set to the same channel. If they are set to the same channel then it may be that there's interference on that particular channel so change both the video transmitter and the BLack Pearl to a new frequency.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl