Black Pearl all in one, what else do I need?

Reaction score
I own a P2 with the H3-3d gimbal

I won a black pearl all in one kit last night for a price way to low to pass up, I have been doing my homework and understand that I will need an FPV hub because of my transmitter and would be better with a imersonic or the like transmitter anyway, so may want to upgrade that as opposed to getting a hub. I also need a power cable, that is supposedly the only thing wrong with this setup(it's missing), I was looking and saw a charging cable for 30 bucks and a battery charger for 25 bucks, my question is:

Would getting the battery charger be better than the cable due to price and the fact I may get a second battery? That said, is a second battery ever needed? I don't have a second for my bird yet.

I understand that I can record from the Gopro and see on the black pearl correct? I will look into telemetry and autopilot stuff down the road this was just too good a deal to pass on. And as of right now I'm happy with getting the recording on the gopro itself. Are there any other considerations I need to be thinking of?

I am still pretty much a noob with this stuff, I have a generally good understanding of electronics and communications though and from what I've seen this is a really easy install.

Once you add a video transmitter (on the same channels as your monitor) and its hooked into your GoPro's USB socket you should receive vid on your monitor, yes the GoPro will be recording what your monitor is seeing. For telemetry you just need a Mini OSD, check this video for some info, its basically what youll need to be doing ...

Ive only ever had 1 battery with mine, been many times i wish i had more lol
The telemetry is not recorded on the GoPro btw just transmitted to your goggles/monitor ... which you could feed to a vid recorder if you wished for telemetry in a seperate video to what the GoPro is recording.

Go for the battery charger i would say.

Its simple modding for a guy like you, good luck ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, so while waiting on USPS to deliver from FLA to GA, seriously it has taken 6 days!, I decided to crack open the phantom and install the transmitter solo to the board, easier than I thought, stripped a Phillips screw GRR. And the thing works great haven't had a chance to fly it yet, I live on a military base and they have been cracking down on drones really bad here. I will take it to my mom's tomorrow. I used the power adapter for one of my external hard drives and the monitor charged right up, everything is working great as can be tested from the bench. Did I mention I paid 80 bucks! I have really good luck with flea market and eBay stuff and this seems to be another score, everything seemed to be there a little more except the charger. There were a bunch of extra screws a plastic spool of string. I'll get some pictures later, it's attached with some cheap velcro circles want to get it better. Either way what a deal well worth my patience waiting to get one. I've been watching for a few months for just the monitor for around 100. Transmitter is used has glue backing on it but it works fine, and it's the only thing I could see having an issue later and if it does I'll throw $25 at a better one anyway.

For you first timers out there don't be afraid to crack that thing open the videos I watched were scaring me they looked so fragile and crowded but it's one of the easiest installs I've done to anything hardest part was me finding a screwdriver my jewelers are missing..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20