Birds of Prey

I went back and watched the footage, outstanding! The heron lightens the load before take off.

The authorities in the US would take exception to "molesting" the wildlife though?

Reactions: Vinman
I also wind up with Buzzards, Bald and Golden Eagles showing up and circling but I've had the smaller Hawks actually appear to attack but veer off at the last moment.

Sent from my VS995 using PhantomPilots mobile app

"veer off at the last moment"... Happened to me today..Video shows him comping at me full speed and turned at the last moment... I paused the video and snapped a pic with my phone..

Attachments

• IMG_2347.JPG
    IMG_2347.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 197
Very interesting sequence, Harris, the gulls (Larus ridibundus) feed on the ground due to the agricultural treatment. When you approach the flock and come close to ground, the gulls flew up. First I thought it would be caused by your drone, but they come against you. This it because they flee the raptor approaching from the other side of the field, right from behind the hill top. It can be seen in the very last second of this take. Very impressive. Unfortunately I can not determine what it is. You have some more seconds to watch? Where is this footage from?

I've had a problem with one huge raven that lives down by my pond. Nothing real close but he comes out most times I fly at home. Like most people are saying I would only really worry about birds of pray. Thanks to everyone for these posts. Fairly new to drone flying but been in aviation my hole life. One big tip is always climb to avoid birds. In an airplane that's the rule. Birds will dive to avoid a collision 99.9% of the time. Plus our phantoms climb faster than they can descend!

Reactions: Randolph_Kricke

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl