Bird decided to make its own nest...

Reaction score
First time poster here on the boards. Found you guys about a week ago. Great site. Looking forward to being a contributor.

Thank you in advance for all the operator "tips" and whatnot but... please... this video is just for your enjoyment. Try to enjoy it!

Anyway.... Just a weeeeeeeee bit 'o pilot error. I blame DJI.

:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AYVkg6 ... e=youtu.be

HI, Welcome.
Did you get it down or are the birds using it for a nest base?

Yeah I was able to get it down. Threw a stick at it. Unfortunately... as a result of me throwing the stick at it... I'm now replacing the shell and an ESC. She'll be back in the air tomorrow or the next day.

Thanks. I hate it when you have to watch 5 minutes of video to get to the good stuff. :D

dirkclod said:
Welcome to the forum :D
Try throwing smaller sticks :shock:

LMFAO.

We're you wearing PJs for this early morning flight?

Is that your bird as your profile pic? As a little square it looks good. I sure wouldn't mind seeing some more pics of that.

Mcook929 said:
Is that your bird as your profile pic? As a little square it looks good. I sure wouldn't mind seeing some more pics of that.

Yes, that's her... and thank you!

Unfortunately... something happened yesterday... ahhh the video.

:lol:

She's being rebuilt as we speak. I just soldered on a new ESC half hour or so ago. The shell was damaged from the fall so I had to get a new one earlier this afternoon... but no fret!! She -will- be repainted the same way tomorrow. It may be a little different as I'm trying a different method this time around but we will see how it all comes out.

I will definitely post up then.

0 to crash in 10 seconds! That must be some sort of record?!
Sorry man but the look on your face just before you turned into the tree was....... well, it made me laugh a little!
Did you have control or was it just eager to "nest" on its own?

offthefront said:
next time have some friends hold a sheet or tarp for a soft landing ....
If ya do make sure their your buddy's :shock:

Sorry bro I do hate ya hate a mishap and wouldn't kid ya if I hadn't had so many !! Shook mine out of one 1 time but was lucky and only broke a couple of props .
Am looking forward to seeing what ya come up with on the fix !! :D

Attachments

• Don't pull one om me now guys.jpg
    Don't pull one om me now guys.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 342

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member