My P2 tried to suicide

Reaction score
Hi all,

Had a very strange thing happen this morning, my P2 tried to suicide! It wasn't particularly windy, a slightly heavy breeze perhaps, I was flying, FPV has been working fine, I must only have been about 200m away from my house when the P2 suddenly decided to drop from the sky completely in a nearby field.

Fortunately I had the Fi-Li-Fi so managed to go recover the P2, only noticable damage is that the screws holding the gimbal were missing (where can I get some spares, I recall they were plastic screws?) and props look a little battered, so will put my spare props on for next flight (got no power atm so can't charge my batteries to test anything).

Here's a video, I loose control at about 20s into the video (first half speeded up)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OmJpoS- ... e=youtu.be

Can anyone offer any suggestion as to what was happening? I wasn't descending so can't be the vortex effect I keep reading about can it?

Thanks in advance

Assuming your video is not sped up, you seemed to execute a very quick about turn just before you lost control.......related ? Do you usually turn around that fast ?

The video was still sped up when the turn was occurring, but even so, why would a quick turn cause the quad to suddenly drop? Especially since it seemed like it was dropping vertically and not out of control?

I can't help. I'll watch the thread though because if the video was sped up then you didn't do anything obvious/abnormal....... and I see your point, it wasn't really "out of control" it just wasn't under your control and it just landed. The only thing that comes to mind is did you somehow trigger "Return to Home" and you have the setting at "Land" instead of "go home and land" ? I watched the video again and you could say it tried to do a landing (albeit a bit hard)

Can you post a version at normal speed? Hard to tell what's happening with the speed ramps. It looks like there was a reduction of power similar to when the system cuts throttle gain when voltage goes below 10.6V. How long had you been flying at that point?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20