Big Aircraft pilot to little aircraft pilot

Reaction score
Hey all,

Big aircraft pilot taking his first venture into little aircraft here. I'm an Embraer 190 pilot with JetBlue, general aviation pilot flying Cessna 172/182, Piper Cherokee, and Cirrus SR-22s in our flying club, and a licensed FAA flight instructor.

I'm into anything if it can fly, wanting to play with a drone for a while now, and the wife bought me a Phantom 3 SE for Christmas. Just getting in on the forum so I can learn to do this for recreation purposes correctly and legally as this is all new to me.

Happy to answer airspace, flight rules, or anything else related to big aircraft questions if anybody needs. Ive got many thousands of hours teaching that stuff

Attachments

• 25791019_10155194915953994_3338524610271197122_o.jpg
    25791019_10155194915953994_3338524610271197122_o.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
Welcome to PhantomPilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome aboard!! Lots of info to help you get started. You will need to register your drone for recreation purposes. They refer to it as 5 and fly, $5 being the cost to register. Hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us do.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Welcome @bluepilot!
Just a thought here, I have recently learned that the 3se is an entry level without Lightbridge.and will be limited in distance compared to the higher end models with Lightbridge (I think). Please double check the specs for range and consider other Wifi interferers before going too far. Knowing your manual inside and out can help you avoid losing the Phantom to a crash or flyaway.
Have fun with the new bird, and again welcome to the forum!
Randy

Nice to have an airline pilot among us. I'm sure you will get a lot of questions from the group and we will be happy to answer all of your questions in return. Welcome.

Welcome. With your background, I wish I had a ton of questions to ask. Nice to have you on board. We get into some pretty good debates at times. I’m sure you can have some good input with your perspective. Happy flying.

Hello and welcome to the forum AND the "addiction" of R/C flying :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel