BetterView roof inspections

.....They don't tell you what the assignment is or the pay until you accept. ...

You may be over looking it. If you go into the project (online) click on the GENERAL tab and then scroll down on the left (it's a long contract) the rate /Compensation is listed on the last page, or at least that's how mine have been.

Mine average a good deal more per job than you've stated but I'd imagine it depends on what their client is willing to pay. Not including drive time (I'll already be in the area) I'm estimating I'll be making about $125/hr on my next project with them.

The ones I've done did indeed average out to their claimed $65/hr, which I'd normally be ok with for a simple roof inspection, but the types of shots and types of buildings make them far too risky to equipment and from a liability perspective for only $65/hr. They need to double their pay rates.

I've done about 8 jobs for Better View since March. A couple were large parking lots 700,000 sq ft to 900,000 Sq ft at distribution warehouses. The rest were roof inspections and most of them involved travel but the pay has been decent. A couple jobs were very easy and did not pay a lot. The high detail roof shots seem to be the thing now which are risky but pay more. They've paid anywhere from $60 to $300. High Detail jobs take a lot of photos.

Reactions: BigAl07
I just did 2 jobs for them. Scheduled them both for the same day to reduce travel time. Same avg pay as mentioned earlier in thread. They were helpful and responsive when I had questions. It's a take it or leave it kind of thing, If you're ok with $65/hr then it's ok. If you think $65/hr is not enough, consider that not a whole lot of jobs pay $65/hr. Again, pros and cons to both ways of thinking.

just got a call from them. sent an email to see what jobs are in the area. will keep you posted

Did 2 jobs for them. Had to go back for better overlapping. Its been a week since Ive sent them. have tried to contact them by Email , call them (no answer...left message), and use them message board ....no response.

Anyone know a contact there.

Uploaded all my overlapping shots last week and got an email today saying that they had been approved, now just waiting to see if some jobs come in. Many of the locales I will be flying in do not need a waiver because of no nearby airports and have filed waivers for for airport areas, we'll see how long it takes, I hope not 90 days LOL

Uploaded all my overlapping shots last week and got an email today saying that they had been approved, now just waiting to see if some jobs come in. Many of the locales I will be flying in do not need a waiver because of no nearby airports and have filed waivers for for airport areas, we'll see how long it takes, I hope not 90 days LOL
Made a 3rd trip Tuesday for the 2 assigned and did the overlaping again. Using Litchi and wished I didnt. Very hard to calculate.
What software do you use?

I just flew manually taking a picture every few feet and doing the lawnmower approach. Then I took the photos off the SD card put them on my computer and used Microsoft picture it to adjust the contrast and away they went

It was a four-sided roof so I took approximately 70 pictures. I was probably 7 to 10 feet from the roof for most of them

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl