Better antennas for Fatshark Predator V2

Reaction score
I think I want to get better antennas for my Fatshark setup. I'm not going for super long range. I just want less breakup in my reception. I guess cp antennas is what I need. I see so many and different prices, I'm confused. Anyone have this setup with cp antennas? did they help...what did you pay and where did you get them? My vtx is the 250 mw version. Thanks for any help on this. I got my Fatshark from getfpv. I have stock antennas now.

regardless of your transmitter, I don't think you can do better for short range, omnidirectional antennas than a pair for FPVLR. Put a pinwheel or pentalobe on the transmitter, and their pinwheel on the fatsharks. In a zero-interference environment with a 400mW transmitter I was getting around 700m before the signal broke up.

they're types of antennas... along with stuff like cloverleaf, skew-planer, pinwheel (4 lobes), pentalobe is 5 lobes, helical... all different antenna types.

you can go with this set of pinwheels for $58

or check out the 5.8Ghz antenna page, it has everything you need if you want to mix and match or get one of the 3-antenna kits, standard ($110) or premium ($120)

just pay close attention to the connector type (SMA vs RP-SMA) and gender (male/female) on your transmitter so you get the right connector type. there's a stickythread for antenna connector reference in the FPV forum if you need help with that

I called getfpv this morning. They suggested the IB CRAZY set of antennas. The vTX uses the mushroom one and the rx on goggles uses the airscrew. They also come with the 90 degree adapters if necessary to use then. I have always heard IB CRAZY has good antennas. $65 shipped. They said these are better than Spironets at $40. I hope so as they cost more. I also ordered the diopter lens set for the Goggles. I hope they help me. I had made my own out of some cheap readers and they help me see better but they don't fit into the grooves but sit in the rubber eye cups which places them closer to the eye.

http://www.dx.com/p/2-4ghz-8dbi-sma...-for-wifi-wireless-network-30046#.VPbSulPF84Q
(You need the male one, this is the female version)

The ones I have are for 2.4 and 5.8GHz (+11db)

This is what I use on my Predator V2 goggles. I still use the stock whip on the 250mW Fatshark Tx. I easily get 2km (>6000ft) with it as long as I keep pointing the goggles towards the quad which I do automatically. It's VERY cheap and works absolutely GREAT.

For 9 bucks 2km FPV with minimal interference is a steal. You can get them on Banggood or Goodluckbuy and many other sites.

I actually bought the wrong ones with female connector. I inserted a piece of tinned copper wire in the hole of the connector, heated it with the soldering iron for a few seconds and bingo, a successful sex operation :D.

I also placed one of these on my RC732-DVR 5.8GHz diversity panel and already got to 1.6km without signal loss.

Monty, I have the same goggles, I have used RC immersion spironet antennaes for last year or so, ranges of 1- 2 km where achievable.I now use fpvlr 5.8 antennae set up, getting same range and more, biggest difference was with the clarity of signal, way better over all of the distance,i would recommend fpvlr, just a little pricy but excellent quality, heres a little fpv that I did with my spironets [vimeo]119726223[/vimeo]

Well, I received my IBCRAZY BlueBeam Ultra antennas today. I also got the diopter lens set. Very disappointed. They don't help me at all. Not that the quality is bad....just made things more blurry for my eyes. There went $20 shot to hell. I ended up putting the lens I made from readers back in. They seem to be fine actually. I was just hoping theirs would be even better. No dice. I had a hell of a time getting the rubber eye cups back on. There are two small tabs that have to go into the tiny slots. Finally got them in. Haven't tested the antennas yet.

Attachments

• 20150307_144531.jpg
    20150307_144531.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 619

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31