Best windsurfers for P4

• Thread starter Deleted member 27337
  • Start date
i use those one : DJI Phantom 3/4 Professional Advanced Inspire 1 Controller 2.4GHz Antenna Range Booster bought from Amazon.ca for 13$ and my last flight was 3.5k (still full bar).

I get back to home because of battery 50% :)

bye

Apparently the copper one's are better than the aluminium. If they would make gold one's they would be the best, chaching.

I ordered a copper and aluminum from China. $3.50 for the aluminum and $4.70 for the copper. The copper ones arrived today so will try them out soon, when the aluminum ones come in I will try to do a back to back comparison.
4f2f0f2070c91a4da0dd8ae6667e1e0e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yeah, it will be interesting to see if it's true that copper get a small better distance then aluminium.

i'll wait for your flights test.

It's not the metal that matters. That's marketing hype. Gold??? LOL
How does that screen on your microwave door protect you? It's full of holes! Think about it.
Its the properly shaped parabola, proper positioning on the antenna, and the surface smoothness.
Back-to-back comparisons are anecdotal without proper setup and controlled conditions. It will not yield any information regarding metal effectiveness due to the other overriding factors.

Back to back flights with 30 minutes intervall will have same weather condition.
Suppose it goes 3k with aluminium and 4k with copper, how you will explain that ?, parabola precision ?

I think he will use same model, so same parabola.

I'm not totaly disagree with you. From what i'v read, the mathematic of the parabola is really important.

I can't explain anything without repeatable or reproducible data.

Neither can anyone else.

If you feel one is better than the other so be it. I can't help what one feels.

Funny saying in my boss's office:
'In God we trust... all others bring data'

"Without data you're just another person with an opinion" - W. Edwards Deming, Data Scientist

Good marketing is why NASA uses gold to reflect signals on satellites an they use it to reflect uv and ir on their headgear and I have a welding shield with a gold plated lens that I can see true when not welding and still be protected when welding. The reflective qualities of gold outweigh the fact that it is heavier and softer than most metals.

Reactions: Scotty88
I have nothing to compare them to but I use the gold plated windsurfers and they do increase not only my range but the elevation I can fly at. If I am flying over water and want to fly low at distance without the surfers I often loose HD signal, but I can fly at the same elevation at greater distance with the windsurfers.

We are all agree that WindSurfers can't boot signal that is not present :-(

Those parabola can boost signal with eyes seeing flights, obstacles, buildins, trees are not in this discussion.

Good marketing is why NASA uses gold to reflect signals on satellites an they use it to reflect uv and ir on their headgear and I have a welding shield with a gold plated lens that I can see true when not welding and still be protected when welding. The reflective qualities of gold outweigh the fact that it is heavier and softer than most metals.

Reflect signals???
You make a lot of assumptions.

Gold is not even in the top three most effective metals for RF reflectors.

NASA chooses the right material for the job. No one will argue against that.

Gold does have it's advantages at other wavelengths such as UV freqs. where it is more reflective and why you see it in foil form for insulation. Note that surface smoothness is not required in this application.

With Visible freqs. (visors) it is more absorptive thus reducing glare/hot spots and other hazards to astronauts.

It also does not oxidize which further reduces the care and maintenance during satellite and other equipment construction.

I can't explain anything without repeatable or reproducible data.

Neither can anyone else.

If you feel one is better than the other so be it. I can't help what one feels.

Funny saying in my boss's office:
'In God we trust... all others bring data'[/QUOTE

I like that quote, yea thats why I started with apparently, many variables regarding reflection, refraction and absorbtion in a medium. NoWheels with try both and lets see some results on his tests.

Back to back flights with 30 minutes intervall will have same weather condition.
Suppose it goes 3k with aluminium and 4k with copper, how you will explain that ?, parabola precision ?

I think he will use same model, so same parabola.

I'm not totaly disagree with you. From what i'v read, the mathematic of the parabola is really important.

You will never get differences like this due to materials.
For a better explanation check this:
Effect of different metals for antenna elements

Bottom line, If you are looking for the best material, money no object, use silver.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's not the metal that matters. That's marketing hype. Gold??? LOL
How does that screen on your microwave door protect you? It's full of holes! Think about it.
Its the properly shaped parabola, proper positioning on the antenna, and the surface smoothness.
Back-to-back comparisons are anecdotal without proper setup and controlled conditions. It will not yield any information regarding metal effectiveness due to the other overriding factors.

assume much? how do you know they don't have the capability to test accurately ;0

Experience.

I'll be waiting for you to come back and SHOW me I was wrong.

hehe if someone was making sarcastic assumptions, creating ill will, i likely wouldn't share my results even if i did take the time to drag the windsurfers into our RF test lab..... if you occasionally open your mind people will surprise you. if you assume they wont , you usually will be right, but not because they cant.. because they won't :)

Last edited:
hehe if someone was making sarcastic assumptions, creating ill will, i likely wouldn't share my results even if i did take the time to drag the windsurfers into our RF test lab..... if you occasionally open your mind people will surprise you. if you assume they wont , you usually will be right, but not because they cant.. because the won't :)

Where did I say they lacked equipment or capability?

You did not add any [technical] information to the discussion.
You just showed up with your spoon to stir the pot.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl