BEST way to transfer Litchi Waypoint pics & vids to iPad mini or aptop

Reaction score
What is the BEST way to be able to see & review the photos & videos shot in Litchi App?? I cannot find how to view them.
I am flying a Phantom 3S,..using Litchi app, on iPad mini 4.
Help!!

Hay Rogerdodger,
I've got the same problem and was thinking it might be a "senior moment"! It seems that litchi does a great job of taking you where you want to go so you can get that perfect video but it falls short in letting you view it easily! If I am missing something here I wish someone would set me straight!

Open the DJI Go app after the bird has landed and you can view the recently shot contents. A pain, especially if you're low on battery, but it's the only way.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Tks vx2! I was hoping there would be a better way! As good as litchi is I would be willing to pay more for it if it would do more in viewing and editing!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
The photos and videos are not stored on Litchi. (Yeah, I know the GO app has videos.)

They are on the card in the bird.

SB

Is there a setting in litchi to store the pics on the sd? I just off loaded the card to pc and it's emty. I was checking out the panorama feature which seemed to work great.

Is there a setting in litchi to store the pics on the sd? I just off loaded the card to pc and it's emty. I was checking out the panorama feature which seemed to work great.

Nope. They should be there. Fire up your machine and try taking a photo and video with it sitting on the ground, shut down and check your card.

SB

Should be in the same folder as if you had shot video/pics with DJI Go. Why anyone would want to use the downlink video/pics on their phone is beyond me. They are always terribly inferior to what is on the SD card. I was just out shooting today in Litchi, and both photos and videos are on the SD card. They are located here: DCIM/100MEDIA.

Last edited:
Yep, great way to get the high res stuff off the SD card and into your iPad. I guess I glossed over that....cause I just take that directly to my MAC, and anything I want on my iPad I just sync via iCloud. Never really though of taking it directly from SD to iDevice.
That's what I did as well, but I got tired of waiting for it to sync via iCloud. I'm impatient like that. I just got the Lightning adapter about a week ago. I must say it was well worth 39$. Videos take seconds to transfer

I like to edit, color correct, etc., so I an not in a hurry to get footage onto my iDevice. I do all that on my MacBook, then sync the finished product.

I like to edit, color correct, etc., so I an not in a hurry to get footage onto my iDevice. I do all that on my MacBook, then sync the finished product.
Unfortunately as I am new to all this, and my editing skills are limited. I have the premier video app on my IPad and that's what I use. I know I could do more advanced editing on my Mac, but until I get more knowledgeable on how to use a more advanced editor I will have to stick to the simple app . If you have any advice or video tutorial suggestions for a beginner who's eager to learn and get better,I would appreciate it.

Hmm..well,first you need to decide that you want to get into editing. Since your a Mac guy, the best two editors out there, at least that have a pretty wide following (barring some very expensive ones used by the film industry, is Final Cut Pro X and Adobe Premiere and/or Premiere Elements. Lowest cost is Elements, and now can edit 4K video. I am not familiar with it, as I use FCP X. I do know though that FCP X is about $300 or so, so not cheap. There is a 30 day trial of Adobe Elements 14 available on Adobe's web site, as well as a bunch of tutorials. That would probably be where I would start if I was moving from the Premiere App on an iPad.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl