Best Way to Test Return to Home

Reaction score
I'm new to flying and have about 10 flights on my new Vision+. I'm taking it slow. I'm still in Vision 2 mode and have only been out about 1200 ft, 500 ft altitude. I get nervous when I loose sight of it.

My question to the forum is, what is the best way to try return to home for the first time? Just send it out into an open field and turn of the controller? Put it in Naza mode, try that for a couple of flights and then switch S1 to bottom position?

I'm pretty uptight, especially with all of the flyaway horror stories? I'd feel better if I knew that RTH really did work.

It's always good to test it out for yourself so you're not too afraid of using it.
(but be warned, in the even of a true flyaway where the craft is not responding to your Tx, Failsafe will not save you).

Make sure you've got home position recorded
and if you have the ability, try using IOC to double check it. (flip to IOC Home lock and see how that works).

and then either turn off your TX or flip to Failsafe and see how it goes.

another thing to learn is how to regain control once Failsafe has been enabled, (by switching to ATTI). as Auto-land can take a considerable amount of time.

Can you also confirm home location set by tapping on the radar display and looking where the H is on the screen, tapping again to note where the phone icon is and comparing the two? I would expect them to be the same (if you haven't moved).

Mori55 said:
I always wait for the quick green flashes . And set it myself. Always worked fine.
How do you know it set home correctly? I understand watching the lights and I'm ALWAYS VERY careful to make sure it goes from slow yellow to fast green to slow green before looking away! But it seems like other have done that also and had fly always.

You can look at google maps in your app. But I've never had a problem?
And do we know if that's what causing the flyaways ?

So I manned up tonight, set to Naza mode and tested Atti, course and home lock and RTH. Everything worked flawlessly. I really like home lock. The other night it was out of sight and wifi was dropping in and out. I was squirming trying to figure out which way to pull the right stick to bring it home before it got any further or the battery ran out. I'll be using home lock a lot I have a feeling.

Thanks for the help.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl