Best way to take pics of fireworks with P4 ?

Just did a little flying around last night at work. There usually a ton of neighborhood displays going in this area on the 4th , but I dont work today and I will be hitting the community display tonight. Here is a quick little video. I took off from the top of our building and was able to get up over 400 feet and I am within the 5 mile zone and never got a warning. I was chasing the Chinese lantern when I realized I was up too high.

Reactions: Dwilli9013
This one?
HAHAHAHA That was great. I was loving that shizzz. Although you could get a very large fine for doing that. Was just reading about it. I'm gonna stick back away and hopefully get a great video. Wow that was crazy. That guy is a rebel.

Fallguy... so what do you think the best height would be 250ft? I know it kinda depends on how big the display is going to be but I think at 250-300 I should be able to catch quite a bit.

Fallguy... so what do you think the best height would be 250ft? I know it kinda depends on how big the display is going to be but I think at 250-300 I should be able to catch quite a bit.
Checked my screen recorder and on the last display where I almost flew into the fireworks I was up probably 190 feet . It said 105 , but I took off from the top of our building which I guess is around 80 feet high or so. I then climbed up and was probably out of their range at about 230 feet. But this was back yard fireworks , not sure how high a professional display would go.
What are your intentions ? To fly over or through?
Good luck , its back to the party and then out to more fireworks. Happy 4th everybody.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl