Best Travel Drone

Reaction score
Been off the forum for awhile, in SE Asia filming now with my P3P and as much it is really sturdy and great in strong winds, I am in need of a good travel drone as a lot of my access to places is by motorcycle.
The P3P is great although the back pack is bulky for travel , both on a motorcycle and in and out of airports.
Would love to hear forum members feed back on their experiences with smaller drones, their hardiness and in strong winds plus travel ease.
Recently there have been some refurbished Mavics become available close to home through the distributor/importer.
Regards Mike

Attachments

• Magic Island, Guimaras 24.JPG
    Magic Island, Guimaras 24.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 322
  • Magic Island, Guimaras 36.JPG
    Magic Island, Guimaras 36.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 305
Last edited:
I currently own a P4 and also think it’s to bulky to take with me on airplanes etc.. When we travel by car, it surely will travel with us.

I’m looking at the Mavic Pro platinum or the Mavic 2 Zoom. When it will be the latter, I think it’ll replace the P4 completely.

Thanks, yes I to dont have a problem having my P3P in the car at all times .
I did a few trips with my bulky back pack on the back of my classic British bike, but just too cumbersome.
Looking for feed back on how the Mavics stand up to rough ( not brutal) travel and strong winds etc. as they tend to get a bit of hard time on the back of a bike during transits as well.
Regards Mike

Last edited:
Been off the forum for awhile, in SE Asia filming now with my P3P and as much it is really sturdy and great in strong winds, I am in need of a good travel drone as a lot of my access to places is by motorcycle.
The P3P is great although the back pack is bulky for travel , both on a motorcycle and in and out of airports.
Would love to hear forum members feed back on their experiences with smaller drones, their hardiness and in strong winds plus travel ease.
Recently there have been some refurbished Mavics become available close to home through the distributor/importer.
Regards Mike
Without doubt a Mavic pro. I have also a P4pro but my friend, who is a tourist guide, recommended the Mavic Pro and I have not looked back since. The P4Pro has a tendency to be confiscated but they always overlook the Mavic Pro as "being an accessory to my main video camera". Compact and easy to fly. Chris

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31