best tablet to use with your drone

My iPad Mini 2 has been working well so far. Android tablets are far more economical, but they need to be configured properly.

133799428535.PNG

My bad searched and clearly missed it

The consensus seems to be between Nvidia Shield and one of the new iPads as the best two tablets. I don't know much about iOS so I'm not sure which model but I think it's the iPad Air 2?

Best of luck.

Yes, it is agreed, hands down, iPad Air 2 Cellular.
That is until the new ones come out...

But pair those with the new Phantom 4... ;-)

RedHotPoker

I have a ipad mini and a iPad retina... which both apparently are too old to use ( the retina is 2years old)
what is the best tablet in everyones opinion ?

lets hear your best choice and the most economical. pros and cons ?

I bought a Nexus 7 ii (http://amzn.to/1MgIUV0) specifically for use with the P3. For $149 it's tough to beat... Half the price of an iPad Mini or nVidia Shield... Comes with a clean install of Android Lollipop, packs plenty of power, and the 7-inch size balances pretty well on the P3 controller. It may not be the best tablet on the market, but it's a solid deal.

Reactions: MikeK and Elfman12

Don't need the cellular version. Cheaper just to buy the dual gps blutooth addon works great with the phantom 3 and with the blutooth connected causes no interference.

RedHotPoker

RedHotPoker
Don't need the cellular version. It was cheaper to buy the wifi only version, then buy the dual blutooth gps addon. Works great with the phantom 3 and no interference.

I have a ipad mini and a iPad retina... which both apparently are too old to use ( the retina is 2years old)
what is the best tablet in everyones opinion ?

lets hear your best choice and the most economical. pros and cons ?

Only the iPad mini is too old to use for the pilot app. The iPad mini 2 and 3 (both using the A7 processor) running on iOS 8 are both great for the pilot app. The iPad Air 2 will be even better with its A8 processor (like the iPhone 6) not to mention the additional screen real estate.

RedHotPoker

I plan on picking up a cellular model of the iPad Air 3 or whatever it's called when it comes out. In the meanwhile I'll be using / alternating between my iPhone 6 Plus and my Nexus 7 2013 model

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic