Best tablet and app

Reaction score
I am considering going android instead of iOS when I finally get the P3 pro delivered. What are your thoughts on which tablet and what apps are best??

I have a P2V+ and have just moved from IOS to Android, as I was looking for a larger screen to get a better visual experience than the iPhone could deliver. It worked great, but the screen size was getting to be an irritant.

Tablet:
I bought a 16GB Nexus 7 (2nd gen, Amazon $165) which is new but discontinued. I bought this tablet for the following reasons:
- screen size (7") and resolution (1920 x 1200, 323 ppi)
- Quad Core Processor (SnapDragon S4 Pro 1.5GHz)
- RAM (2GB)
- on-board GPS chip and Compass (very important to me; not many tablets had both of these features)
Misc: (not my reasons to buy, but included)
- 1 yr warranty
- 1.2MP (front) and 5.0MP (rear) cameras
- upgradeable to latest Android OS (Lollipop 5.1.1)

Note: The Nexus 7 worked great out of the box EXCEPT that I fought with extremely slow web page and app loading to a point where I was almost regretting the purchase. Once loaded though, everything was lightning fast and streaming was as smooth as silk. After a few days of research and trial and error (anti-virus checking, internet speed tests, ping tests, network wifi troubleshooting, etc) I discovered that changing the DNS on my router fixed the issue. (FYI - I changed to 8.8.8.8 Google Public DNS as my own ISP DNS was not kind to the Nexus). I have 12 clients (but none Android) in addition to this Nexus and every one of them was running fine. Now, everything runs great using the new DNS setting.

App:
There are perhaps a half-dozen or so Android apps available that I have found. If you ask 10 people which is their choice, I'd guess that you would get 10 different opinions. All of the apps would get kudos from supporters and thumbs-down from detractors as they have in the Google Play store. Take these opinions with a grain of salt and do your own research to get the features that are important to you. The DJI-provided app is solid, but if you're looking for more functionality it's out there. There are many Android app threads on this forum, and you'll need to read them all to make an informed choice. Don't forget to visit the Developer's web sites as well. As I have not yet bought or used any android apps, I will defer from recommending any one in particular. I'm sure others will share their experience with you.

Best of luck with your choices.

Volito forgot to mention also that the nexus 7 has a nice bright screen that helps in the bright sun. A shade is also preferred but the screen is nice and bright.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl