Best Stabilisation Software

Reaction score
So what stabilisation software is everyone using?

Is one better that the other for ease, loss of quality etc.

Thinking about investing in some software but don't want to go down the route trying different packages before getting to the right one.

Cheers

You mean for stabilising the video?
I don't use any at all. Balanced props and smooth flying are my stabilisation.

MKheng said:
So what stabilisation software is everyone using?

Is one better that the other for ease, loss of quality etc.

Thinking about investing in some software but don't want to go down the route trying different packages before getting to the right one.

Cheers

The options are

Mercali
Adobe

for the PC. Final Cut has something for the Mac.

The problem with all the software solutions are they use zoom, and pixel interpolation to make things stable.

You will get much farther with properly shot, stable video. For less than the price of Mercali, you can buy a Good Luck buy gimbal, and balanced props and you will get much smoother video. That's the basic trick to it. Then, you can use the two software packages to make things stable even more, but NOT at a loss of quality, which the others do when you feed it bad, or really unstable video.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but the reality of it all.You will get farther with well shot video than trying to fix it in post. Also, the computer you need to work it in post needs to be a screamer, which most people don't have these days.

Hope this helps

D

I use Godad's Prodrenalin for cheap and cheerful stabilisation - it was like $40 iirc. It is 'ok' for this and easy to use but as CameraGuy says anything done post production does not add to quality and time/money is better served removing it from the original shot. Prodrenalin does a good enough job for youtube videos as does Serif MoviePlus X6 which I also use.

I used to use Adobe Premiere CS4 for video editing. It is deemed by many as 'the daddy' of video editing and it is a fantastic project but overkill for many simple projects.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31