Best ND filters for P4P?

Reaction score
Hi guys, my P4P is on the way and now I am planning for accessories ;). I searched online and read a lot of reviews but I got a bit confused now. I am stuck at which one to pick up: Polar Pro Shutter Collection OR Vivid Collection.

Some folks said the polarized filters (Vivid Collection) are not user-friendly (manual adjustment on different shots & angles) and it's difficult to achieve the best. For the Shutter Collection, I couldn't find any negative review.

Which one do you think is the best for P4P? I am looking for versatile filters for recreational purposes.

Appreciated for any advice.

You need to slow down the shutter speed which is very important when shooting video so the ND filters cut down the amount of light hence a slower speed.
I would not bother with polarizer filters in a flying camera as you have to get the right angle and sun placement to have any effect.

Hi guys, my P4P is on the way and now I am planning for accessories ;). I searched online and read a lot of reviews but I got a bit confused now. I am stuck at which one to pick up: Polar Pro Shutter Collection OR Vivid Collection.

Some folks said the polarized filters (Vivid Collection) are not user-friendly (manual adjustment on different shots & angles) and it's difficult to achieve the best. For the Shutter Collection, I couldn't find any negative review.

Which one do you think is the best for P4P? I am looking for versatile filters for recreational purposes.

Appreciated for any advice.

Just so you know, you loose depth of field when you add ND filters. Not sure if that's what you were talking about with "gain more depth".
Only if you open the aperture to compensate, even then it's largely irrelavent as a consideration given the focal length and closest subject distance.

You need to slow down the shutter speed which is very important when shooting video so the ND filters cut down the amount of light hence a slower speed.
I would not bother with polarizer filters in a flying camera as you have to get the right angle and sun placement to have any effect.

Thanks. Do you recommend The PolarPro Shutter collection or the DJI ones?

Hi, do you know the difference between Sandmarc and PolarPro?

I think the glass quality and coatings are better. To date I get a cleaner more crisp image using the Sandmarc filters. Don't get me wrong the polar pro filters work fine but I want the highest quality possible.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
I think the glass quality and coatings are better. To date I get a cleaner more crisp image using the Sandmarc filters. Don't get me wrong the polar pro filters work fine but I want the highest quality possible.
What kind of issues are showing up when you compare that lead you to believe the Sandmarc are better Fred?

What kind of issues are showing up when you compare that lead you to believe the Sandmarc are better Fred?

It's the overall quality of the image. Especially when shooting on an angle in bright sun. Cheaper filters will give a soft hazy look because the glass quality and coatings are subpar. It's also that the filter needs to be a true neutral density. Meaning there's no strange color shift to the Reds or greens… Pure true gray.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj