Best "Monitor" for Phantom 3

We need a thread in the PS section for devices that users have successfully flown with. I have the new Motorola Turbo and I would assume it has enough HP to run but don't know about comparability. It would be nice to have a running list once people start to fly the P3.......

Reactions: jerseybiz
I purchased the IPAD Air 1 from someone who posted on craigslist. I paid $220 for a 32GB. I chose it because that is what DJI recommends and it is lite. I love using the FPV so it is important to me to have the best tablet for this. When I first bought the DJI Phantom I didn't think the FPV was going to be that important to me. It was very useful when I recorded the town in which I grew up. I was able to fly it after it was well out of sight and get shots I could have never gotten in one flight without it.

I did a search for a Nvidia Shield and Guess what??????

The new Nvidia Shield is the 'world's first 4K Android TV console' and launches this May for $199

This isn't a tablet, it plugs in to your TV. Keep an eye out for the Shield Tablet 2 that will likely be released in July.

I am lost with Tablets, I prefer a Monitor that I only use with my Drones.
I am using Galaxy 5 on my P2+ and find the Screen to small and to much lag with little resolution, would like to stay with Android if I need to use a Smart device.

I am lost with Tablets, I prefer a Monitor that I only use with my Drones.
I am using Galaxy 5 on my P2+ and find the Screen to small and to much lag with little resolution, would like to stay with Android if I need to use a Smart device.

Like I've said in a couple other threads, I ordered a used Nexus 7 (2013) because you can pick them up for under $150 (cheaper than just buying a screen!), they are on the "officially supported list", they have a great screen and a good powerful processor, and don't have any crapware running in the background to cause conflicts. The 7" screen should be a good balance between being bigger than a phone but small enough that it doesn't cause arm fatigue with extensive use. If you are buying the tablet just to use with the drone, I'd recommend looking there.

Those are "Recommended Devices". I haven't seen it officially stated that other iPhones won't work, but not optimistic that they will. My iPhone 5 is running iOS 8.3, but the Pilot App wouldn't load. I'll probably have to upgrade to a 6 or 6+.

The DJI Pilot app works on 5S iPhone, it has the same processer as the 6 and 6+.

iPad mini 2 (IOS) or the Nvidia Shield (Android) also will load and run the app.

Like I've said in a couple other threads, I ordered a used Nexus 7 (2013) because you can pick them up for under $150 (cheaper than just buying a screen!), they are on the "officially supported list", they have a great screen and a good powerful processor, and don't have any crapware running in the background to cause conflicts. The 7" screen should be a good balance between being bigger than a phone but small enough that it doesn't cause arm fatigue with extensive use. If you are buying the tablet just to use with the drone, I'd recommend looking there.
That's what I bought and I'm curious to try it out with the P3P when mine arrives tomorrow. Interested to see how it performs!

That's what I bought and I'm curious to try it out with the P3P when mine arrives tomorrow. Interested to see how it performs!

Do post how it performs. I want to get one too for that purpose but want to hear how it performs with an actual P3 first. Does it have a built in GPS?

I just ordered the Nexus 7 from Amazon. I'm an Apple guy so this is my first Android device. It's cheap so I don't have to worry about scratching up my iPad or iPhone. Since the app is available for Android now I think this makes some sense. Who knows how long it will take for the iOS APP?

Just received my P3, in record time I might add...I've never flown one before so the first thing I realized is my Surface (Windows) is incompatible...Ok so I went out and picked up the Samsung Tab 4 and downloaded the Pilot app immediately to begin practicing on the simulator.
Guess what? The simulator is only available for iOS!!!
Wish me luck!

Just received my P3, in record time I might add...I've never flown one before so the first thing I realized is my Surface (Windows) is incompatible...Ok so I went out and picked up the Samsung Tab 4 and downloaded the Pilot app immediately to begin practicing on the simulator.
Guess what? The simulator is only available for iOS!!!
Wish me luck!

Just go slow, don't panic, and you'll do fine.

In other news, got the Nexus 7 today. Great monitor!

The DJI Pilot app works on 5S iPhone, it has the same processer as the 6 and 6+.

iPad mini 2 (IOS) or the Nvidia Shield (Android) also will load and run the app.
The 5S has an A7 processor, the 6 and 6+ have an A8 processor. But yeah, it will run on those. (It won't work on a plain 5 since it' so got an A6)

Reactions: Fplvert
First flight w an Nvidia Shield ... thing is quick, resolution is clear, noticed no lag. Popped the SD card in after the flight, so nice to be able to edit and share right off the SD. Screen is reflective and it was dusk so can't speak to daylight view ability, but overall pretty impressed (after 1 flight)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers