Best "Monitor" for Phantom 3

I looked into Nvidia Shield and it looks like a great tablet. However, it doesn't have GPS from what I saw so that means that "follow me" won't work, correct?
802.11n 2x2 Mimo 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi
Bluetooth 4.0 LE
GPS / GLONASS
WiFi+4G LTE or WiFi-only

Sorry it should have been iPad mini 2, which has the A7 Chip: Don't let its size fool you. iPad mini is powered by the new 1.3Ghz A7 chip with 64-bit architecture. A7 delivers killer performance - up to four times faster CPU and up to eight times faster graphics performance than the previous generation
I have the iPad mini 2 it's great. My question can I get a GPS chip installed in it or it cost as much as a new tablet. I really like my tablet thanks

its not clear to me what the cellular model of ipad mini 2 will give me.... i have the new ipad pro 9.7" and works great, but too large for portable case and travel... i am thinking of getting a dedicated ipad mini 2 for flying. I have read the entire thread here and it seems that there is this idea of maybe some day a gps "follow me" feature will come out? is there any real reason to get ipad with cellular and gps? I dont need the data, i have wifi for that. just wondering what the feature is that you get with having GPS in the ipad mini 2 vs no-gps ipad mini 2. maybe there will never be a gps follow me feature for phantom since the phantom 4 has optical follow me... the inspire does have some kind of follow me, right? but doens't the RC have a GPS built in? how can we know for sure if i need a cellular/gps ipad mini 2 or just wifi only?

phantom4/phantom2/phantom1 owner

its not clear to me what the cellular model of ipad mini 2 will give me.... i have the new ipad pro 9.7" and works great, but too large for portable case and travel... i am thinking of getting a dedicated ipad mini 2 for flying. I have read the entire thread here and it seems that there is this idea of maybe some day a gps "follow me" feature will come out? is there any real reason to get ipad with cellular and gps? I dont need the data, i have wifi for that. just wondering what the feature is that you get with having GPS in the ipad mini 2 vs no-gps ipad mini 2. maybe there will never be a gps follow me feature for phantom since the phantom 4 has optical follow me... the inspire does have some kind of follow me, right? but doens't the RC have a GPS built in? how can we know for sure if i need a cellular/gps ipad mini 2 or just wifi only?

Some on here have said it won't work on an iPad without GPS. But I've always used an iPad 2 mini - wifi only - and it's worked like a champ. I just tether to my iPhone, load maps, and I'm good to go. Tracking is smooth and as expected.

iPad Mini 4 cellular for flying, for the win, return the 9.7 Pro unless you're using it for other stuff other than flying. I found the full size iPads to be too clunky although the 9.7 Pro's higher brightness and less reflectivity really got me thinking.....

I use an Air 2 w/ cellular (although the cellular is not activated). The cellular models have the internal GPS feature which does give added benefits. P3 has a follow me feature currently. I have personally never used it. For me the Ipad mini is too small. The Air 2 works nice and the integrated screen antiglare feature is helpful. I know there was a thread that cleanly outlined cellular vs. non-cellular and the added benefits of the cellular. I would also be sure to get more than the 16gb version of whatever you buy. I found the 16gb wasn't enough to move my videos to for editing/showing etc.

I fly with an iPad Air 1 cellular and it is sufficient for my needs. I have a P3P.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4