Best LAANC app??

Reaction score
Website
www.mossphotography.biz
Kittyhawk, Skyward (not an app though), and UASidekick are the best LAANC providers. Skygrid is a good one too, but it's iPad only at this time.

However, DO NOT use Airmap. They are constantly lobbying congress and the states to give control of the first 200' of airspace to the local governments. They are indirectly behind Lee's Senate bill (https://dspalliance.org/urgent-call-for-action-senate-bill-will-severely-restrict-access-to-nas/) and the Cyrier bill in Texas (Texas HB3403 | 2021-2022 | 87th Legislature).

Airmap is also behind similar bills in Mississippi (now dead), and West Virginia.

Airmap wants a broken NAS rule set in order to have those areas use them to ensure the correct charges are levied against drone operators when the municipalities start charging us use fees.

Dump Airmap, and pass the word along

Reaction score
What is LAANC? If you're taking about the peanut butter crackers then hell yeah count me in but Im unfortunately a long ways from kitty hawk so I'll probably need to have them delivered.

Reactions: ianzone

ianzone

**P4**
Reaction score
What is LAANC? If you're taking about the peanut butter crackers then hell yeah count me in but Im unfortunately a long ways from kitty hawk so I'll probably need to have them delivered.
This from uncle Google,,
20210421_204717.jpg

Reaction score
I personally prefer AirMap... even though I don't like their political policies and (insider) FAA involvement. I find it easier to use that KittyHawk.

Reactions: MTO
Reaction score
Kittyhawk, Skyward (not an app though), and UASidekick are the best LAANC providers. Skygrid is a good one too, but it's iPad only at this time.

However, DO NOT use Airmap. They are constantly lobbying congress and the states to give control of the first 200' of airspace to the local governments. They are indirectly behind Lee's Senate bill (Urgent call for Action. Senate bill will restrict access to NAS – Drone Service Providers Alliance) and the Cyrier bill in Texas (Texas HB3403 | 2021-2022 | 87th Legislature).

Airmap is also behind similar bills in Mississippi (now dead), and West Virginia.

Airmap wants a broken NAS rule set in order to have those areas use them to ensure the correct charges are levied against drone operators when the municipalities start charging us use fees.

Dump Airmap, and pass the word along
Kittyhawk's desktop version blows for setting up preflights at the home office

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K.J.