Best FPV goggles?

Reaction score
Searched, but didn't find much recent. What are the best FPV goggles for use with a P2V+ (for around $200)? Looking for something that would have an HDMI input after being adapted from an iPhone 5. Reasonable screen size and clarity is preferred, but HD is not required, just something to help get a significant other involved and enjoying the hobby.

I recently got a pair with a package and my boss bought them from me. However as they work great with my setup (P2, Immersion 600mw, GoPro), they required many adapters to work with his P2V+ (lightning to HDMI to composite video and a battery to power the converter via USB). I'm looking to replace that pair and trade him (his wife won't let any more cash go for toys at the current moment) straight up.

There's so many options out there, and I see some going for $600-$1k but really just looking for input from P2V+ owners and what they are happy with.

Thanks!

I tried my Quanum DIY V2 goggles with my Vision Plus using an iPhone Lightning to HDMI converter plugged into an HDMI to Composite Video converter. The FPV resolution coming out of the Vision Plus is so poor that the experience using the goggles was very disappointing. I have some Headplay HD goggles on the way and I'll give a report after I give them a go with the V+. But I'm not optimistic that the Headplays (and not needing the HDMI to Composite converter) will redeem the poor resolution of the V+ FPV output. [Dreaming of a Phantom 3 with Lightbridge HD FPV]

By the way, the Quanum DIY V2 goggles are about $80. The similar V1 googles which are $30 have a lower resolution screen (but still higher than the resolution of the V+!) and lack the neoprene "sack" of the V2.

Quanum DIY FPV Goggle V2 w/5 inch LCD Monitor (Kit)

Quanum DIY FPV Goggle Set with Monitor (KIT)

HeadPlay HD FPV Headset w/ 32ch 5.8GHz Receiver (Pre-Order) - RangeVideo

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik