Best follow me video so far by a long while

In Canada and in my province of Ontario we have a "distracted driver" law with a very sizeable fine. It would be best to take a passenger along to keep track of the drone. That said, I know I'll solo a drive or two. Looks like a very cool feature. Thanks for posting.

Reactions: AidanOT
Was it really panning automatically and as you stopped did it depend as well on its own
It was doing all of that on it's own - I only controlled it myself at the very beginning and when i got out of the car at the end of video

That is very impressive. Also Dublin looks spectacular from 100m up.

Show of hands, who else besides me can see this technology changing the way police do chases and possibly surveillance? If this where we're at with the technology now, picture 5 years out. I can see every squad car having a UAV in the trunk that is maybe half again as large as a Phantom and can fly for 30 minutes. I could see it having software which would allow officers to launch and get their suspect or suspect vehicle on the screen, then touch that suspect or vehicle on the screen and have the UAV software lock on it and follow it visually with no further attention required from the ground.

Reactions: AidanOT
My question is.... If anywhere on this drive his signal link broke due to say......huge power lines.....where does the P3 go next? The nearest cemetery? Funny if you got stopped for inattentive driving and while you are getting your ticket, the P3 lands on the roof of your car!!!

Last edited:
My question is.... If anywhere on this drive his signal link broke due to say......huge power lines.....where does the P3 go next? The nearest cemetery? Funny if you got stopped for inattentive driving and while you are getting your ticket, the P3 lands on the roof of your car!!!

I believe it returns to the home point. My wife came with me and held the iPad/RC. That being said, once it initiated you don't have to touch anything but obviously someone else should be monitoring the screen at all times.

Wow..... You are quite brave, very impressive.

It worked flawlessly. I was surprised to see it fly by at my first stop light. Then I realized its a feature as it does the 180 to view you from the front and returns to the follow position a few seconds later.

So cool! That would be so totally illegal here in Australia! Have to find myself some very quiet road...

Impressive. Especially how well it stays in contact even underneath the heavy tree canopy.

Reactions: andr3s and AidanOT

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4