Best firework Video & Photo Settings?

Reaction score
Evening Guys! As you know it's almost firework night in the UK.. I was just wondering what everyone thinks are the best video and photo settings to get the best results? It's my first firework night with my P4 so am going to try and get some cool shots.. Thanks in advance ;)

Reactions: Neon Euc
Don't bump into me! Maybe we should all attend the same event and do a 360 shoot. I've not tried yet, but I've heard auto is actually pretty good. I'd imagine a lower iso than one would expect, so as to just catch the fireworks. I've even spotted one or two people using polarised and ND filters. I'm not buying it, but aparently it can help with blown out images for the big finales. And I hear it's good to get above them (higher than her majesty's government might recommend). Check out DSLR and standard video settings. Pretty sure the same tips will apply across the board

Reactions: Vaneik
Did this last Saturday with a short Litchi mission.
Camera settings were auto, WB auto, color, contrast and saturation all -1, EV -3.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: kojie007
I've just took the drone up for a practice taking some pics at night and managed to get some cool images. I've done some research and it looks like there's no need to bump the iso up as the fireworks will be bright enough and also keep the shutter speed up to 2 seconds.

The images below are shot at ISO 100 and shutter is 0.5 secs and it's pretty black out.

Attachments

• 1477594693981.jpg
    1477594693981.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 464
  • 1477594704268.jpg
    1477594704268.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 489
Reactions: The Flying Swan
I managed to get an OK shot tonight of a firework I thought I'd share with you guys. Il try again tomorrow :) Feedback appreciated on how to improve it!

Attachments

• 1478299717422.jpg
    1478299717422.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 542
Reactions: The Flying Swan
That's a pretty sweet shot mate. I'm aiming to do video tomorrow night. Really like that whole swooping around thing, although the long exposure stills have a great effect too. Got a top secret mission in the pipeline to fly across a small bit of ocean and catch a display tomorrow evening. I'll be over the water and so won't endanger viewers. The only thing in danger, will be my P4. Should get a front row seat if it works :) Let's hope I don't remember remember the 5th of November as the day my Phantom went PLOP.

Wow I think il try just auto tonight ..tho I'm right next door to a major event in fact debris lands in my yard so I'm gonna have to pick the right spot ...only the brave [emoji85]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hope you guys stay safe 32 mph winds here
Whereabouts are you? I'm getting conflicting info at the moment. Windytv is saying 19mph. UAVforecast and Dark Sky are saying 9-12mph. No more leaves on the trees to watch ;) I'll be calling off my mission if it doesn't feel safe. I'd imagine fireworks can be carried by the wind just as much as a phantom.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic