Best deals on DJI battery from Ebay?

Reaction score
Anybody got a link to the best deals on Ebay for an oem JDI battery? Experience with seller, and positive results would be nice.

What batterys..
IMG_9975.gif

There are definitely deals out there. I've managed to buy 4 new genuine DJI OEM batteries on eBay during the past year, priced anywhere from $75 - $85, including shipping. I just keep searching until I find best price. BE WARNED, during that time I've found a lot of deceptive sellers trying to pass off aftermarket batteries as genuine DJI brand. I've seen a lot of eBay sellers intentionally describe Phantom 3 batteries as DJI brand, but then auction photos show aftermarket batteries. I even saw one seller go so far as to include one single photo of a genuine DJI battery along with all the other photos of his aftermarket batteries in an attempt to make buyers think they're getting a DJI battery at a bargain price. These weren't simple mistakes. They were intentionally misleading auction selling techniques. The item description can be, and often is, misleading. Look at the auction photos and then look at your own DJI battery for comparison. There are some key things to look for that can tell you if it's DJI. If the price is too good to be true, it's probably not a DJI battery.

Reactions: Loz
I bought a DJI OEM P4 battery used from Buydig on eBay and another from a seller I don’t remember, both said less than 12 charge cycles, both arrived unusable! It was lengthy to get money back and all and all bad experience! Just beware and protected with things like PayPal and carefully reading the posts.

Why are there so many great reviews and even you tube vids of people using aftermarket batteries and are very pleased with them? I agree that OEM parts are a perfect mate to whatever you use but $100-$150 battery for a $300-$500 device seems a bit off. The reviews from hundred or more people saying that these $67 batteries are doing as good if not better than the OEM. Sooooo, my question is who has the “knock off “batteries and how do you like them? Price? Where you got them? Etc.
Thanks!

I have bought 2 separate pairs of after market batteries. First pair have approximately 80 cycles on them with very little to no drop in flight time. So I bought another pair with the same results. Paid $106 for each PAIR off Ebay. Why anyone would waste their money on OEM batteries is beyond me. I have been an RC pilot for nearly 5 decades now and have NEVER lost/crashed ANY type of aircraft due to an after market battery malfunction. As far as life goes I have actually had better results with the after market DJI "clones" if you will, than the OEM ones. I have saved enough money on batteries that I could **** neared by another P3S with the savings. Paid $212 for 4 clones and DJI wants over $100 each!!!!! Not hard to justify the reasoning

Last edited:
I have bought 2 separate pairs of after market batteries. First pair have approximately 80 cycles on them with very little to no drop in flight time. So I bought another pair with the same results. Paid $106 for each PAIR off Ebay. Why anyone would waste their money on OEM batteries is beyond me
One reason I don’t buy them is they will void warranty. The other reason I don’t buy them is it’s a game of chance in getting ones that will work ok.

The ONLY reason it voids the warranty is because DJI doesn't get their cut out of the clones.....also there is no way in h e ll that they could tell what battery you were using in it unless you told them.. you guys go right ahead wasting money just trying to help others out thats all by sharing my experiences

I’m referring to DJI and their software keeping people from using aftermarket batteries. It’s real and it happens. I’m really glad you haven’t been burned.
I have been flying DJI products for years. Been running these batteries since new and NO firmware has ever conflicted with my batteries...Sorry but I do not believe that garbage.

Well, they got me as mine is under warranty. I hate it when people lie to me in saying that DJI new firmware kept there after market batteries from working. You mean if I had an issue and sent my records to DJI, they couldn’t tell what battery I used if I didn’t tell them. Thank you for being such a help. I would buy one if it wasn’t for the warranty issue. It’s nice to have an honest person to talk with. Any other good info?

I don't think theres anyway possible way they can tell or even care for that matter. I know for a fact that Paul Shaffer at fpvcustoms does dual battery mods that don't void DJIs warranty because he has done it to mine along with the dual boosted radio mod.....Oh yeah....and dont eat yellow snow lol lol

My friend don't get caught up in BS that a couple idiots spew out without checking it out first.
Truth be known it wouldn't surprise one bit to find out that all these batteries including the OEM ones are made in the same d amn factory in China. Not one bit
20180205_141854.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan