Best Buy is now selling P3's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their markup should be interesting :)

Not sure how I feel about this. Already a lot of people who shouldn't be just picking one of these up and flying it in stupid and unsafe ways are getting their hands on these things and threatening the hobby as the government is starting to take notice (white house front lawn) and looking for ways to regulate and legislate. Before, you had to at least go and look for the Phantom on Amazon or at a hobby shop... but now some bozo can pick up an electric toothbrush and then go "hey cool... drone" and pick up a Phantom and fly it into his neighbors window.

Yeah I'm being hyperbolic - but I have certainly seen a spate of dumba$$ news stories recently about people who shouldn't have a drone doing stupid things with it.

Reactions: Sammynels
Yeah - I found this very interesting too. Hopefully people understand that it is NOT A TOY and avoid flying them directly at fireworks shows this weekend :eek:

Reactions: Buckaye
obviously Best Buy is going to help bring many new pilots into the game. there is good and bad in that.

a developing industry for sure...

Yeah - I found this very interesting too. Hopefully people understand that it is NOT A TOY and avoid flying them directly at fireworks shows this weekend :eek:

I plan on flying my ar drone 2.0 directly into fireworks Saturday night. and it is considered a TOY...

but we are in the country on a 500 acre plot. only 4 people are going to be there and I can afford to lose the AR if it was some how damaged (but I severely doubt that will happen),

only problem is the AR can only shoot in 720p :( plus in darkness the camera becomes very grainy...

Can we add a question to the sign up form for the forum asking 1. where did you buy it? and 2. Why did you buy it? and redirect those that answer best buy to 1. And any of 'because the sales guy said it was easy to fly' / 'my kid was throwing a tantrum' or 'it came in a package with my Macbook and iwatch' for 2. to a 404 error?

Of course there will be good and bad anytime you bring a new item to the masses. You all can guess the bad, but the good will hopefully outweigh the bad. More people in this hobby is a good thing as long as they act and fly responsibly.

Yes, they are extremely easy to fly IMHO... but I come from a background with RC cars and then I migrated to a Trex 450 helicopter. "Flying" the Phantom 3 is 1000 times easier than the Trex. :p

At? how about over! Cant wait to see how many people show up to macys this year with them

Reactions: The Real Deal
I'd rather not pay taxes of 88 dollars and put it towards another battery. Obviously dependent on your state tax.

Last edited:
Can we add a question to the sign up form for the forum asking 1. where did you buy it? and 2. Why did you buy it? and redirect those that answer best buy to 1. And any of 'because the sales guy said it was easy to fly' / 'my kid was throwing a tantrum' or 'it came in a package with my Macbook and iwatch' for 2. to a 404 error?

Haha!

And that would be bad, why?

Not bad - probably not a good idea for rookie pilots. Speaking as one myself, if I wanted to light $1.5k on fire I would have done it with $2 bills tied to a fake Christmas tree. I was just thinking SpaceX on a much much much smaller scale.

Because they heard drones are bad juju and satan's playground, of course! Me, I'm turning on my blue light ring and getting up there to add to the celebration.

11354866_714336852027725_1164951404_n.jpg

Duplicate thread. Closed. Post in the right areas people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic