Best Antenna Kit to Extend P3S

Reaction score
I have a lot of tall trees around me so i lose signal to RC at about 700 ft away. Was thinking if i upgraded my stock antenna that might do the trick. I see a lot of reference to the Argtek. Is that the best way to go?

Suggestions welcomed.

I have a lot of tall trees around me so i lose signal to RC at about 700 ft away. Was thinking if i upgraded my stock antenna that might do the trick. I see a lot of reference to the Argtek. Is that the best way to go?

Suggestions welcomed.

I use one of those and I’ve a 4Hawks Raptor ... really good, I’d recommend either [emoji106]

Suggestions welcomed.

Yes it is because of three reasons

1 it’s cheaper than a dbs mod

2 it can be undone with out any lasting holes in your pad

3 I’ve got a windsurfer it’s crap [emoji90] but in its defence if you put on the argtek mod I think it will do better than my first goes and from what a lot of people are saying on he it’s all down to your environment you fly in I myself fly in a very busy WiFi area so I think if it flys good in the [emoji90] areas it will fly like a p4p I wish any way hope this helped you bud

I see there are Argtek with 3 x square patch antennas, and ones with 2 square patch and an omni straight one in the middle like this one. Is this the way to go?

Yes it is because of three reasons

1 it’s cheaper than a dbs mod

2 it can be undone with out any lasting holes in your pad

3 I’ve got a windsurfer it’s crap [emoji90] but in its defence if you put on the argtek mod I think it will do better than my first goes and from what a lot of people are saying on he it’s all down to your environment you fly in I myself fly in a very busy WiFi area so I think if it flys good in the [emoji90] areas it will fly like a p4p I wish any way hope this helped you bud
Thanks Noted!

I was with a Standard from the start and read all the mods being done and tried most but the argtek And if you will search way back you will see all the results.
I ended up with the DBS and have them on My P2V ,my 4K and did my standard till I gave it to a friend who didn't have a drone . They all have their niches as to where you fly and the noise you encounter but that's what I used .
Did try the FPVLR's on the P2V but found I could go farther low with the DBS .
You also don't have to drill anything if you don't want to . It's all in back threads .
This just from my experiance's .

I have a similar situation. Tall trees all around. Pine. With the stock antenna, I could get around 800’. With the Windsurfer, about 1,000’, and with the Argteck about 1,600’. Then, I bought a couple of amps; one 2.4 for the video and one 5.8 for control.
The Argteck comes with 6 antennas; 3 panel and 3 Omni. I use panels for video (only one of them with an amp) and Omni for control (with amp). Now, I get about 1/2 mile, and in close, the control is much better! More sure. I never had trouble with video.

I have used the argtek and DBS and find the DBS to outshine the argtek for distance, however having the ability to move the antennas to keep in line with the AC is nicer so you don't have to hold the RC at odd angles to keep a connection DBS is now offering an adjustable mount with the antennas. I hear really good thing about the 4 hawks devices and am going to buy one to compare to the DBS

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT