Best 2.4 ghz antennas to use for signal penetration and distance

Reaction score
I currently m using alpha 7 dbi panel antenna with sunhans 2.5 W on the pilot siDE and just a 3 dbi dipole antenna on drone. I don't get any signal penetration but I can get out to 1500 meters LOS. Any suggestions would be great as I don't have too much knowledge on the subject. my alpha panel antenna said it is vertical/linear polarized and I also would like to know if it would be OK to get a circular polarized antenna for the drone side like a clover style or something. Would that reduce my range more? Thanks for any help

dtitus6297 are you talking about the wifi camera on the FC40? That setup you have pretty much maxes out what you can do with it if that is what you are talking about. It is the reason why I bought a true FPV system. I've been working on upgrades for mine. Since I got it I bought quite a few antennas. The problem with the 2.4 GHZ band is that so many devices use it and the noise generated causes interference all over the place. In every house there are at least a few items generating that range of signal, so flying over neighborhoods can be problematic. Landscapes also cause problems when trying to achieve long range wifi from trees to houses and buildings. Here is a good link that explains everything very well and what antennas are good to use:

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=page&id=9#Q12

I also don't use the fc40 camera for that reason. I am still using 2.4ghz tho. I am using an ar drone 2.0 main board and cameras mounted under my phantom. It is also modded for an external antenna so I can use any rpsma antenna

dji phantom fc40
ardrone2 mod 4 telemetry+fpv
tplinkwr703+sunhans 2.5w and alpha 7dbi panel antenna for wifi boost
based in new jersey US

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj