Behind the scenes flight -cruise ship in dry dock

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Very cool video. I had wide eyes as you approached the stern side crane.

Very cool video. I had wide eyes as you approached the stern side crane.
(Laughs..)
I hold my breath every time I take off...
I'd love to get closer (Never was closer than 150ft or so), but rules and common sense you know.....
Plus long shoreman are known to throw stuff.

Pic of the antenna which is the RX magic
20171213_170723 copy.png

This my panel, is this the starting point :)View attachment 105146View attachment 105150
You are using the same antenna panel I am. Adding amps would set you back from $100-$150 (Set). Control signal is not the issue, RX signal is all the issue, so when looking at amps, look at the specs of it's RX Db value (Higher is better). Most offer around 11-13db RX. The ones I use from RF-Linx have 20Db RX. So video feed has a much better chance of maintaining a link.
I do offer a tip: Use heavily shielded cables from controller to antenna. Those appear as RG-316. MAXXUAV sells RG-58 usually, but he is currently out of stock.
See this link: Short - High Quality Antenna Cables RG58 (3.5" or 90mm)
This is an exellent antenna as well as it's smaller brother.
(Love how you spelled "NO" on the RTH.....)

You are using the same antenna panel I am. Adding amps would set you back from $100-$150 (Set). Control signal is not the issue, RX signal is all the issue, so when looking at amps, look at the specs of it's RX Db value (Higher is better). Most offer around 11-13db RX. The ones I use from RF-Linx have 20Db RX. So video feed has a much better chance of maintaining a link.
I do offer a tip: Use heavily shielded cables from controller to antenna. Those appear as RG-316. MAXXUAV sells RG-58 usually, but he is currently out of stock.
See this link: Short - High Quality Antenna Cables RG58 (3.5" or 90mm)
This is an exellent antenna as well as it's smaller brother.
(Love how you spelled "NO" on the RTH.....)
HI great info,I think I already got some of those ,these ones 110mm long,the amps seem reasonable on the price,still early here but will have a search around today,,lol yes I don't like rth,that button never gets used
20181110_075227.jpg

The obvious question ... not to ask ... was how you maintained VLOS. This was definitely a BVLOS flight. Did you have to do any work to authorize this flight? How did you develop the skill and COURAGE to execute such a flight?

All that being said ... WOW !!! A great video.

You truly are a cinematic pilot. Great video all around, flight, editing, music.....

As a ham radio operator I had to chuckle as soon as I saw the DX Engineering sticker. I have one of their catalogs on my table.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31