Bearing Problem?

Reaction score
I'm getting a high pitch whine in flight that I don't think I heard before, but I can't really remember for sure. I'm asking about it on the chance that I it's normal and has been there for a long time and I'm maybe just getting hyper-sensitive.

Background:

*The motors seem to spin smoothly by hand.

*I took the temperature of all four motors immediately after a flight with an IR temperature gun, and they only varied by 5 degrees or so max. It was saying about 98 to 104 degrees, but that wasn't really solid. It isn't the top of the line gun.

*I lifted the motors out of the airframe and sprayed a lubricant into the top and bottom. The sound wasn't totally gone when I spun up the motors on the ground, although it was too windy to do a complete flight.

So...does anybody else get a high pitched whine from their motors?

Thanx

Go back a watch dji assembly video, I believe Collins phantom makes same noise. Mine does as well. No problems

I really appreciate the replies and the hand holding. The thought of a motor freezing up at altitude makes ME freeze up thinking about it!

I've added touching motors after flights, or at least spot checking once per outing, as part of my routine now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20