Battery will not start

Reaction score
When I insert a fully charged battery into the P2v it does not start up. Pressing the 'on' switch shows 4 green bars but wnen holding the 'on' switch to start up the P2v . the switch flashes red after a few seconds. I have three batteries and all act the same way. They have not been used for several months but were stored at approx 50% charge. Any suggestions? Battery problems or P2V internals?

I occasionally have the same issue after depleting one battery when I insert the next the drone will not start....
I'm keen also to know why this is.
Brian

Do you press the battery button twice? on the second press hold it for a couple of seconds then it should fire up the phantom.

Also check your battery condition in the assistant software on you PC;)

Reactions: dirkclod
Yes, pressed twice to start as normal but nothing happens. After about 6-7 seconds the switch LED flashes red. I cannot check battery condition as the P2V needs to be powered up to connect to the PC software.

Bummer.... The only thing I would try & do is get the phantom to power up, when it does get it on the assistant software to check the batteries out. Have you tried discharging it so it's almost dead them recharging it?

Reactions: dirkclod
I only have one battery thats good now one of mine went no good, started to swell for some reason and wouldnt hold charge properly but dont really know what would cause it to not start up, I would say what Porky says disscharge it then try charging it up again.......anyways hows flyin going Porky, you get your phantom working good now the last time we chatted you were having trouble calibrating

Hey squid,

How's you buddy? Yep compass calibration all sorted out now. It just wouldn't Callibrate when I was on my hols but as soon as I got back to the uk, tried it again & hay presto it worked 1st time;) don't know what that was all about but it's now working fine.

Poor old piglet don't get out much now:eek: concentrating more now on my other thing, you know what I mean, yeah;) having a blast with that at the mo.

Guys, have you had any luck with your batteries yet?

where getting into the winter season here no snow yet but been thru a crazy rainy few weeks so havent been out much then when it isnt raining its windy but supposed to be nice on sunday so hopefully going out flyin been practicing lots on try to fly by just the screen, takes some getting used to but getting a bit better every day that I go out

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl