Battery voltage issue

Reaction score
So I recently discovered through this forum the Healthydrones.com page and I wasn't too pleased to see I have a potentially bad cell with major cell voltage deviations (included you will find a screen shot)... Which really sucks because this battery has really only been used for just over a month. The manufacturing date is March 2016 so I postulate that perhaps its age could play into it not operating to spec (its not exactly hot off the assembly line)

My usual process is I'll charge it to 100%, use the battery until it's about 25-30% left, and charge it again. Mostly I'll leave it fully charged for a few days. once I left my batteries charged for 5 days... But I dont think that could damage it right?

Worth noting, a week or so ago I had a voltage warning mid flight. lowered my altitude, decreased descent speed and the voltage straightened out again... I learned quickly thereafter to always keep your eyes on the voltage readout haha.

Anyway, what do you think the issue is? Should I try to return it? Never crashed it, never overheated it... Works fine, so far.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

alokbhargava

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I suggest you to go for deep discharge cycle to see if it recovers.

Charge 100% > discharge to say 4% > charge it back to 100%

And then check the deviations. Better keep a fan on during discharge/ charge cycle to keep it cool and keep other equipment cool.

Best wishes. If it doesn't recover, return it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: flyNfrank

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bryan.hivemapper