Battery Troubles

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So I've been having some troubles with my battery on my P2V. I've been using this battery for about 2 months now (about 20 flights). I have the battery fully charged before I use it each time. It was working perfectly until my last 2 flights. The battery runs for about 3 minutes, once the battery hits 75% it starts blinking red and drops from 75% to 0% in the matter or seconds.

Any input on what you think is wrong?
Battery problem? Phantom problem?

Thank you

Reactions: JKaddouri
Is it a stock DJI battery or a 3rd party one?

Have you checked the cells in the DJI assistant, you might have a knackered cell;)

Reactions: dirkclod
Here ya go, take a look at this also;)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Timtro and dirkclod
It is a stock battery. I tried checking the battery life, all four lights are on and the program on the computer says 99%. All the cells are fine. So I'm not sure what it is

Still problems. I'm guessing the battery is just crap. I guess I need to just ditch the battery before my phantom comes down and crashes

Still problems. I'm guessing the battery is just crap. I guess I need to just ditch the battery before my phantom comes down and crashes

Always best to be safe than sorry;) I would be totally gutted if I smashed up my phantom cos of a crappy battery. I know it's a bummer about the battery but hey;)

I use the ones I got that have issues like that for going into the assistant and just checking my bird in close and low.
I'm not gonna ditch it till I have to then I will dispose of it properly :)

Reactions: Clampit
I pay great attention to letting the battery 'run down' every 20 charges or so. Even if you just take it in the yard and hover it around for 15 minutes or so to ensure the battery is really drained. There are also ways to hook up a light bulb or another draw but I found just fly it around low then let it idle once on the ground usually works. I had some battery issues earlier in the spring and I just cleaned the battery contacts and the phantom contact really well and all seems fine now.

I think my battery is just trash cause all of that stuff everyone is talking about doesn't work for me

I think my battery is just trash cause all of that stuff everyone is talking about doesn't work for me
OK..ya say ya got it 2 months ago ? Where from ? Take it back or have you contacted them .

Dirk, tried to find the YouTube vid on how to condition the batteries, the one you showed me, any help buddy;)

Dirk, tried to find the YouTube vid on how to condition the batteries, the one you showed me, any help buddy;)
Is this it ?

Reactions: Clampit
Hey everyone,

So I've been having some troubles with my battery on my P2V. I've been using this battery for about 2 months now (about 20 flights). I have the battery fully charged before I use it each time. It was working perfectly until my last 2 flights. The battery runs for about 3 minutes, once the battery hits 75% it starts blinking red and drops from 75% to 0% in the matter or seconds.

Any input on what you think is wrong?
Battery problem? Phantom problem?

Thank you

Is this it ?
That's the one, thanks dirk;)

Be very careful with this battery, that what could happen.
I'm sorry that I watched that:( gutted for ya:( have you had it repaired yet?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.