Battery storage question

Reaction score
Hello guys

If we are not going to use Phantom 4 for a long period (due to weather or other condition) what is the best way to handle our battery ? to let it inside phantom ? to keep it somewhere else out of the phantom ? should we have to charge it for time to time or not ?

thanks

Check out this post for details on how to maintain the charge level while your batteries are in storage. As for the storage location, I store mine either in the case or in LiPo bags. I like these HOBBYTIGER bags.

Thank you.

So the conclusion is to keep the charge level of a battery between 25% to 62.5%, check it per month, and store the battery in the phantom4 case or other proper case.

Moreover it's better not to let the battery inside phantom if we are not going to use it for a long period, right ?

Check out this post for details on how to maintain the charge level while your batteries are in storage. As for the storage location, I store mine either in the case or in LiPo bags. I like these HOBBYTIGER bags.
I've been looking at these bags for safety reasons. Do you know how many P4 batteries the one you have holds?

If your phantom 4 battery is fully charged and you don't use it then it will self discharge after a maximum of 10 days or less depending upon the settings defined in the dji go app.
This is so the batteries are not left fully charged where the battery can be damaged due to swelling. On self discharge the battery can become warm to the touch and this is normal and will discharge down to about 50% ish. Hope this helps.

Hello all, I have done a little searching around the web to see if there is a battery voltage level indicator for the P3P or any Phantom for that matter. I kind of find it somewhat of a pain to check the current levels of voltage in my P3 batteries. I have to put them into the bird and switch on/off. The reason I sound like I'm whining is after I fly I charge my batteries to what I think is a good level for storage, ( not sure of when/how long next flight is ) So here's the issue I am having. I have read numerous posts on how sensitive these batteries are and would like to keep them as long as possible because of cost and more importantly don't want to down my bird because of bad battery. Other then inserting them, of course one by one into the Phantom to check voltage level I shoot for 47% total. Is there anything on the market to test voltage levels like the Phantom does ( each individual cell ) out there???

You can check the battery level by quickly pressing and releasing the battery button. It won't give you the exact charge level, but it's the best method available since there isn't a meter that shows the exact charge level.

Here's a chart showing what the battery lights mean:

DJI-GO-Battery-Levels.jpg

Reactions: MA drone guy
Go showing at 0% will mean batteries about 3.4v. That's AT zero. It will let you discharge further where voltage continues to drop but % does not go further down.
So if you are anywhere above 0%, you aren't near the 3.0v danger zone.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

In volts per cell, what's a good voltage per cell not a % number for storage.
How would you even check the voltage per cell if your goal is to store the battery that way? It sounds like it would entail a lot of work for little or no gain.

A fully charged lipo will be about 4.25v, at 50% should be around 3.8v and never take a lipo below 3v.
Thank you, just what I wanted to know. 3.8 volts per cell is about 50% via the Go app. Wanted to know the real number, not some arbitrary app number.

How would you even check the voltage per cell if your goal is to store the battery that way? It sounds like it would entail a lot of work for little or no gain.
I guess the easiest way would be to use the drone and the Go app. Being the % number is really just the voltage range between 17.4 (full) and 13.6 (empty), I should had just reasoned it out myself and just took the midpoint of 15.5 volts (3.87 per cell) as being 50%. Just like knowing the real numbers behind the math.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers